Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Editing on Mac
Simpanra Offline

Threads: 28
Editing on Mac

I have begun editing my amnesia map on my macintosh (my windows died a few months ago). I have managed to get a good grasp of the Hpl2 level editor easily enough, and i am learning scripting currently, however, i have got a question that i believe may be shared by many other forum members. My Mac came with TextEdit which is the program i have been (trying to) use for scripting. I have followed every instruction and tutorial to the letter, however it has only succeeded in causing my map to not load. I am starting to believe this is due to a problem with using TextEdit rather than my scripting abilities. I would very much appreciate it if somebody could post some instructions on this post detailing what software i should use on my Mac to edit .hps scripts (and maybe if you could also tell me how to create a description for my custom story as that would be tremendously helpfull)
thank you very much for your time =)
-Simpanra
03-31-2011, 01:04 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
RE: Editing on Mac

I suggest using Smultron or perhaps BBEdit instead, or running Notepad++ under Wine (or any other similar technology) works very well as well.

If using TextEdit, make sure that you have it set to Plain Text, which you set under the Format menu. Also, make sure that you can see extensions out in the Finder, you can set this in Finder Preferences under advanced. Then verify so that the script file extension is .hps and not .hps.txt or.hps.rtf.
03-31-2011, 01:38 PM
Website Find
Simpanra Offline

Wow thanks! =D downloading a trial of BBEdit at the moment =)
You wouldnt happen to know how to set a map description too would you? =) I know how to change the main image and name and stuff, but not the description =/
03-31-2011, 01:54 PM
Find
Pandemoneus Offline

Threads: 2

-> http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/amn...stom_story

03-31-2011, 02:07 PM
Find
Simpanra Offline

It still doesnt work, i have done everything EXACTLY as is shown =( is there anything i could have missed? Should i upload screenshots to show you?
03-31-2011, 02:32 PM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31

Please upload a screenshot and even the script file you are trying to use.

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
03-31-2011, 05:56 PM
Website Find
Simpanra Offline

i have attatched the image of my hps so far. I have actually got all the script in the attatchment to work (you spawn and the image fades in, and then you walk over an area and a grunt appears) however, some of the more advanced scripts (especially the one where your camera rolls and pitches like the character is standing up) dont seem to work =(
Ok, i have been working on it and have encountered the same loading screen error (just for you guys ^_^ ). attached is an image of my new script (the changes are that i tried making a door slam shut behind me when i enter a specific room). Please tell me whats wrong =(

Attached Files
.png   screen-capture-6.png (Size: 42.04 KB / Downloads: 71)
.png   screen-capture-7.png (Size: 32.88 KB / Downloads: 78)
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2011, 06:40 PM by Simpanra.)
03-31-2011, 06:15 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Delete the two { } that surrounds the AddEntityCollideCallback with MonsterFunc1 and move that line up to where you put the first AddEntityCollideCallback. I do recommend you look at scripting tutorials in wiki.frictionalgames.com or tutorials for javascript or any other c like script language to just learn the basics.
03-31-2011, 06:58 PM
Website Find
Simpanra Offline

It works! Oh thank you so much =D i have been trying for countless hours to get both of them functions working side by side =D Ok, i will definitely look through some tutorials =D Thank you guys! =)
Thank you so much,
Edd Big Grin
03-31-2011, 08:30 PM
Find