Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you keep the entity files in your custom story folder
Shev Offline

Threads: 25
How do you keep the entity files in your custom story folder

I mean, I've been working on a custom story with modified entities, and I put them in the entity folder I made in my custom story folder.

Now shortly after I learned that the leveleditor doesn't like this, and wont use the entities next time I open the map in the leveleditor.

So is there a way to use entities, but still keep them in the custom story folder without worrying about it backfiring when I have to go back and edit the story?

P.S. I want to keep it in the custom stories folder because there's a good amount of people who probably couldn't figure out that you had to put the entities folder in the main entities folder, or would just get frustrated doing so.

i spam meme 4 raeg
04-05-2011, 09:06 PM
Find
Pandemoneus Offline

Threads: 2
RE: How do you keep the entity files in your custom story folder

Put into both custom story and your own files.

04-05-2011, 09:09 PM
Find
Shev Offline

(04-05-2011, 09:09 PM)Pandemoneus Wrote: Put into both custom story and your own files.

Alright, but does it still know the path to the entities folder in custom story when you play it? Like if I gave someone the custom stories file, would the custom story be able to find the entities folder even without the main entity folder, despite the fact thats what its linked to?

i spam meme 4 raeg
04-05-2011, 10:56 PM
Find
Pandemoneus Offline

When playing a custom story, it will always check in the custom story folder first.
The reason why you (and just you) put it into your main folder is so the editor does not screw up.

04-05-2011, 11:16 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

Engine searches with same name entity. If there are duplicate entities, actual folders holds the priority.
So, if it's in custom_story folder, game will find them. I'm not sure pathway is being used at all, but it's always better to be prepared and put them in same layout.

04-05-2011, 11:27 PM
Website Find
Shev Offline

Alright thanks.

Also I was messing with the .cfgs and basically... they don't work. I heard this had something to do with using the steam client, and something about a .bat workaround, does anyone know if the .bat work around actually works or if this was just a idea thrown around.

i spam meme 4 raeg
04-05-2011, 11:44 PM
Find
Pandemoneus Offline

You are talking about a full conversion.

http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/amnesia/full_conv

04-06-2011, 02:15 AM
Find
Shev Offline

(04-06-2011, 02:15 AM)Pandemoneus Wrote: You are talking about a full conversion.

http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/amnesia/full_conv

Edit: Alright I messed around with full conversion, and i'm having issues starting the story. I have the directory for my map right, but when I start a new game it crashes saying it can't load it

i spam meme 4 raeg
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2011, 10:18 AM by Shev.)
04-06-2011, 02:20 AM
Find