Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Should Lovecraft's works/world be the next game(s) made by Frictional Games?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes!
57.14%
4 57.14%
Nope.
42.86%
3 42.86%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Shub-Niggurath and friends in the next Frictional Games horror story?
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
RE: Shub-Niggurath and friends in the next Frictional Games horror story?

For anyone, who is interested in Lovecraftian stories, I'd like to state my personal opinion.
"The Statement of Randolph Carter" is the signature story of Lovecraft, and almost all stories of him has the same style.
"The Shadow Over Innsmouth" and "Call of Cthulhu" stories are signature of the cosmic fear he created.

Reading those three stories will make you more than familiar with Lovecraft style, and you will know what to expect from his stories, and you will know Lovecraftian style anywhere you see.

I have all of Lovecraft stories as three book of compilation in my library, and I highly recommend reading them anyone. After reading The Shadow Over Innsmouth, I literally couldn't look mirrors for two weeks.

02-06-2012, 09:09 AM
Website Find
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83

(02-06-2012, 09:09 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: For anyone, who is interested in Lovecraftian stories, I'd like to state my personal opinion.
"The Statement of Randolph Carter" is the signature story of Lovecraft, and almost all stories of him has the same style.
"The Shadow Over Innsmouth" and "Call of Cthulhu" stories are signature of the cosmic fear he created.

Reading those three stories will make you more than familiar with Lovecraft style, and you will know what to expect from his stories, and you will know Lovecraftian style anywhere you see.

I have all of Lovecraft stories as three book of compilation in my library, and I highly recommend reading them anyone. After reading The Shadow Over Innsmouth, I literally couldn't look mirrors for two weeks.
Wow, that scary?! Thank you for the info, I will have to look in on them. One question though: Do those three book go in order as you listed them or do they even have an order?

02-06-2012, 08:22 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

Lovecraft wrote stories, not books. These books I mentioned are compilation of all of his stories, even the earlier times of him. And since they are stories, there is no order.

02-07-2012, 10:53 AM
Website Find
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83

(02-07-2012, 10:53 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: Lovecraft wrote stories, not books. These books I mentioned are compilation of all of his stories, even the earlier times of him. And since they are stories, there is no order.
Wow, good to know Smile . So you've read all of his stories, great job!
02-07-2012, 07:19 PM
Find