Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[FIXED - MUST READ] Blender exporting issues
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67
[FIXED - MUST READ] Blender exporting issues

-FIXED: Figured it out!

If you want to make your own custom models, download both Blender 2.57, 2.49b, and get python 2.6.6 installed.

1) Create your .dae file in Blender 2.57. Save it as a .blend file.
2) Open it in Blender 2.49b.
3) Export it as COLLADA 1.4.
4) Import to map and use it! Enjoy!

Hey guys. Been trying to start making my own custom models but Blender is being a real pain.

I used the newest release (2.57) and tried exporting a model. I followed the directions on the wiki as well as those on the blender wiki but when I try to open the .ent or .dae file in the modelviewer it crashes. In the LevelEditor it simply shows with no texture.

I saw the warning on the Blender tutorial saying that 2.49 is the only one that works, and 2.5+ has some issues with the HPL suite. So I tried going to the Blender archives and I downloaded 3 older versions of it. 2.49, 2.49b, and one that said 2.49-windows-py25. The last didn't work (I had installed python 2.6.x, dur). 2.49 Has some weird errors show in the console, and 2.49b does as well. They say:

"ImportError: DLL load failed: %1 is not a valid Win32 application"

I'll keep trying but if anyone knows what's going on, or which Blender/python I should install please help Big Grin Thanks!

EDIT: I can see the model just fine in the ModelEditor, and it shows up fine with the .mat I assign it, but after I try to open it in the viewer/level editor those bugs happen.

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2011, 01:43 AM by palistov.)
04-17-2011, 12:50 AM
Find
DonProtz Offline

Threads: 15
RE: Blender exporting issues

Hey palistov,
yes export import with blender is a real pain in the ass...

for blender 2.49b you need python 2.6.6, far as i know.
Blender 2.57 can export too but with complex models i get probs with 2.57.

But i have weird problems too...
I have a model that looks fine in the modelviewer, but when import the mesh in the modeleditor it does not appear.

I would give my littel finger for information about which 3d tool the frictional team has used and tipps about model export to modeleditor... have for example problems with the origin of models.
I am tired of trying around for hours to export one model to the game ^^

Hello my friend, stay a while and listen
04-17-2011, 01:09 AM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67
RE: Blender exporting issues

I know right! I was using 2.49b with 2.6.6 python actually, but it still isn't cooperating....I might just end up not using custom models til this gets all sorted out...

04-17-2011, 01:15 AM
Find
ferryadams10 Offline

Threads: 40
RE: [FIXED - MUST READ] Blender exporting issues

can't u export it with blender 2.57? cause with that i can do it.

but are u supposed to only get a dae file when exporting and not all the textures with it which u've made aswell cause i don't know how to name the textures :S so i can't open the models with modelviewer

Got a nice sofa
Please come and have a seat for a while

05-10-2011, 07:38 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
RE: [FIXED - MUST READ] Blender exporting issues

Blender 2.57 doesn't work, it's said in wiki page.

05-11-2011, 12:50 AM
Website Find