Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 25 Vote(s) - 3.64 Average
La Caza Full Release (And Custom Story Download)
Xss Offline

Threads: 4
RE: La Caza Full Release (And Custom Story Download)

I have no clue if it ran fast: the second I saw it and went running-crazy myself!...
05-05-2011, 04:52 AM
Find
MooseTheScared Offline

Threads: 1

Is there any way to launch the full conversion under Linux? I know that I can use the custom story instead, but isn't it the only way? Probably, I can launch the original Amnesia executable with some command-line options to specify La Caza config files or something like that?

UPD: I'm sorry, I should have looked for the answer myself before asking. Amnesia has to be launched from command line with the argument specifying which config file to use: "./Amnesia.bin64 config/lacaza_main_init.cfg". Very simple. Those who use 32-bit systems should replace Amnesia.bin64 with Amnesia.bin.
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2011, 06:52 PM by MooseTheScared.)
05-06-2011, 06:44 PM
Find
Subject153 Offline

Threads: 3

Im going to have to try this! Big Grin
05-06-2011, 11:02 PM
Find
skypeskype Offline

Threads: 6

So... are you working on something else Russ ? Cuz I loved La Caza.
05-08-2011, 05:46 PM
Website Find
Russ Money Offline

Threads: 25

(05-08-2011, 05:46 PM)skypeskype Wrote: So... are you working on something else Russ ? Cuz I loved La Caza.

Actually, no. I would work on something but I'd really need someone who could model. The likelihood of that is nil.

05-08-2011, 08:46 PM
Find
lightmatt Offline

You are already aware of my video series and in part 3 I found a few bugs that you might want to take a look at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88vBtXEmLPw (Part 1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjKWZ_HzE5k (Part 2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBvhCP2B8dw (Part 3)

-There is a lack of light sources down in the water-works despite the fact I get handed alot of tinderboxes. (Part 2 releated problem)

-The lever puzzle, as said before, is very unforgiving especially towards those who play without their crosshair. (Part 2 releated problem)

-In the unfinished chambers, where the barrel/clipper is I can just barely avoid the killzone by landing on the barrel and not lifting the barrel. (Part 3 releated problem)

-Due to this I ended up with two chippers. (One that would not combine with the hammer.) (Part 3 releated problem)

-During the ambush from behind, I must have of went off the path I was suppose to go. (I took a right into a deadend instead of going straight.) This made our monster-friend get stuck on a box. (Part 3 releated problem)

As I continue onward I'll let you know if I break anything else.
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2011, 06:20 PM by lightmatt.)
05-09-2011, 02:51 PM
Find
bobbo Offline

Oh, no. I just entered the library and went between those bookshelves where you can get those two tinderboxes. I fell down and now I am stuck in a crouched position between a crate and a fallen bookshelf. Unfortunately, there's no autosave except from one when I entered the temple itself one hour earlier. Does somebody have a savegame from the library to share? Else this means I have to start all over unless I can find a trainer for 1.01 with noclip-mode.

Beside this problem the story is great. People have mentioned it several times already but again: the moving knights were a great idea!
05-10-2011, 01:42 PM
Find
Elexyr Offline

Threads: 0

Pretty sweet custom story, Russ Money! Got goosebumps all throughout the story! Interesting history aswell.

However, there is not enough oil the last third of the story, just one more flask would actually balance it out.
Spoiler below!
one flask right after Laboratory would be nice actually

Other than that, sweeeeeet!

EDIT: Yes, yes, yes, yes! The moving knights freaked my right out!
(05-10-2011, 01:42 PM)bobbo Wrote: Does somebody have a savegame from the library to share?

I do, but it requires some running to get to the Library.

Spoiler below!
My save file is when I am about to get mixes A and B and blow Laboratory debree, already got the blood.

Let me know if you want it.
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2011, 01:39 AM by Elexyr.)
05-11-2011, 01:27 AM
Find
bobbo Offline

(05-11-2011, 01:27 AM)Elexyr Wrote: I do, but it requires some running to get to the Library. Let me know if you want it.

I do, thank you, that's a lot better than playing through the whole thing again!
05-11-2011, 08:54 AM
Find
Xss Offline

Threads: 4

Bobbo Wrote:Oh, no. I just entered the library and went between those bookshelves where you can get those two tinderboxes. I fell down and now I am stuck in a crouched position between a crate and a fallen bookshelf.

I second that: I ended up being stuck at that exact same spot...Twice. Confused
05-11-2011, 05:56 PM
Find