Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia: Justine Discussion Topic
Gharren Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Amnesia: Justine Discussion Topic

(05-22-2013, 09:34 PM)lazz3r Wrote:
(05-20-2013, 04:02 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
(05-19-2013, 04:38 PM)lazz3r Wrote: I have question...

Spoiler below!
How can I save Felix Marot...?

Spoiler below!

That's hard. Here's how you do it.
There should be a valve next to his cell. Make sure you closed it. After that, open the exit and now run like Satan is fucking chasing you.

I tried to save him 3 times today, it's fucking impossible ;/

I did it on my very first try, so you're possibly doing something wrong xD

I'm a werewolf. Meow.
-----------
The Beauty of Nature.
-----------
05-23-2013, 01:23 AM
Website Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(05-22-2013, 09:34 PM)lazz3r Wrote:
(05-20-2013, 04:02 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
(05-19-2013, 04:38 PM)lazz3r Wrote: I have question...

Spoiler below!
How can I save Felix Marot...?

Spoiler below!

That's hard. Here's how you do it.
There should be a valve next to his cell. Make sure you closed it. After that, open the exit and now run like Satan is fucking chasing you.

I tried to save him 3 times today, it's fucking impossible ;/

Spoiler below!

Just open the gate (or something) that leads to the exit half. You can duck under it.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
05-23-2013, 01:47 AM
Find
gonnaflynow Offline

Threads: 0
Did Justine have a brother?

Finally got around to playing through Justine, and I noticed something interesting in the crypt at the end that I haven't seen anybody else touch on here or otherwise. On the opposite side of the chamber from the angel statue (and, presumably, the mother's grave) is a headstone that when touched gives this message:

Spoiler below!
[Image: ie71waY.png]

My question is who is this mysterious brother, and why do we hear nothing about him? Did he die at birth or shortly thereafter and thus didn't really merit mention? (I'm guessing it could be his grave.) I thought Justine's mother succumbed to an illness... so perhaps this could be someone else entirely.

Justine's sounds also become strangely masculine while she is in this room, and it only wears off when the player exits the room. There is a clear shift up the vocal register as the effect wears off.

Any theories? Explanations?
08-07-2013, 03:12 AM
Find
maarten12100 Offline

RE: Did Justine have a brother?

Justine is unstable and might have had those recollections to her Father or to Daniel.
Justine's father might have rather had a boy or something they however would be worse for his studies even if that boy would have the same emotional/psychological deformities as Justine.

In the novel and the movie there was no alleged brother.
08-07-2013, 10:58 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

Merged
08-08-2013, 11:01 AM
Find
Paisley Palace Offline

(08-07-2013, 03:12 AM)gonnaflynow Wrote: Finally got around to playing through Justine, and I noticed something interesting in the crypt at the end that I haven't seen anybody else touch on here or otherwise. On the opposite side of the chamber from the angel statue (and, presumably, the mother's grave) is a headstone that when touched gives this message:

Spoiler below!

My question is who is this mysterious brother, and why do we hear nothing about him? Did he die at birth or shortly thereafter and thus didn't really merit mention? (I'm guessing it could be his grave.) I thought Justine's mother succumbed to an illness... so perhaps this could be someone else entirely.

Justine's sounds also become strangely masculine while she is in this room, and it only wears off when the player exits the room. There is a clear shift up the vocal register as the effect wears off.

Although a little far-fetched, Justine may have actually been born a male, and at an early age her father reinforced the idea that Justine was a girl, not a boy. It is hinted in the game that Justine was sexually abused by her father and therefore convincing her she was a girl for that purpose...? But, she does appear rather feminine in her portraits, and the fact she had three men ready to marry her kinda convinces me she was born and raised a girl. But I wouldn't rule my idea out..
08-14-2013, 03:28 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(08-14-2013, 03:28 AM)Paisley Palace Wrote:
(08-07-2013, 03:12 AM)gonnaflynow Wrote: Finally got around to playing through Justine, and I noticed something interesting in the crypt at the end that I haven't seen anybody else touch on here or otherwise. On the opposite side of the chamber from the angel statue (and, presumably, the mother's grave) is a headstone that when touched gives this message:

Spoiler below!

Although a little far-fetched, Justine may have actually been born a male, and at an early age her father reinforced the idea that Justine was a girl, not a boy. It is hinted in the game that Justine was sexually abused by her father and therefore convincing her she was a girl for that purpose...? But, she does appear rather feminine in her portraits, and the fact she had three men ready to marry her kinda convinces me she was born and raised a girl. But I wouldn't rule my idea out..

And don't forget the fact that Justine is a girl's name and she sounds girly.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
08-14-2013, 03:46 AM
Find
Paisley Palace Offline

(08-14-2013, 03:46 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
(08-14-2013, 03:28 AM)Paisley Palace Wrote:

Spoiler below!

And don't forget the fact that Justine is a girl's name and she sounds girly.

I feel like something as simple as a name wouldn't be a huge deal as far as gender changes go. But like I said, the idea is pretty far-fetched.
08-14-2013, 05:41 PM
Find