Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
The Scarecrow - Cancelled; read inside
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67
The Scarecrow - Cancelled; read inside

This project has been cancelled due to a hardware failure which caused me to lose all of my unreleased content. I'm taking the maps which I had released in the demo and reworking them into a new mod, the name of which I'll release at a later time. Sorry if you guys were looking forward to this mod, but don't fret! This new project will be as good or better than the demo you've seen already, and that's a promise! But still, feel free to play the demo and watch the trailers and comment, etc Smile

//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE WATCH THIS NEW TRILER. TIERO DESERVES 30 SECONDS OF YOUR LIFE

>>>NEW TRAILER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY3KncJIwJY <<<
Большое спасибо!!!!!!!!

=======

So....my old thread for the mod kept having some issue with the amount of screenies I had posted. Since I uploaded multiple screenshots in posts back-to-back, they naturally weaved them into a single post. And now I can't edit the original post to inform you of the DEMO RELEASE Big Grin

Anyways, I'll start this one and find a better way to get screenies to you guys. Maybe a photobucket account or embed them in a spoiler as I've seen others do.

DEMO UPDATE
I have gotten many positive comments on the demo, and I'm very happy you guys enjoyed it! It pains me that I give you this little bit of playable material and make you wait until release, which could be until the end of Summer 2011. I am indeed working on this project alone, but I have had lots of help from Tiero. He has created music for me, which I do intend to use, and an AWESOME trailer (link is at the top). If you guys want to contribute, feel free to write material (mainly easter egg type stuff, like poems or stories) and send them to me. It doesn't have to pertain to the storyline, which I know you guys barely have a grasp of, but if it's cool and it fits the mod, I'll put it in and throw your name on my credits list.

It's a great feeling to have just played an awesome custom story, but even greater is knowing you contributed to it. I'm open to your guys' contributions. Music, diaries, stories, quests, scary events, sounds, models, textures, ANYTHING. And as always, your thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated! You may not be given credit in the mod, but your constructive criticism and bug-checking is always welcome Smile

==============

Before you download, make SURE you read the README file. If you do not, you will encounter issues with models not showing up. You will have to do this:

1) Open the Scarecrow folder
2) Select 'entities', 'sounds', 'particles', 'music', and 'static_objects'
3) Copy them, do not cut or move them. COPY*
4) Go to your amnesia the dark descent root
5) Paste them. You will be asked if you want to merge the folders. Say yes. Do NOT overwrite anything if it asks you to. There should be no need.

Video showing how to merge the folders: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV7ECjrFH5M

*You must copy them because some of the .mat files use textures in the custom story root, and if you delete them, the .mat files will be empty and won't show up in-game. You still need to have the entities copied into the amnesia game files though!

Download v1.0.1: https://rapidshare.com/files/458921499/T...v1.0.1.rar
Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GteBC-U3R9k (kinda sux :S)
Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/TheScarecrowMod (keep track of the progress)

ENJOY 8)

===============

Change/Fix log:

[v1.0.1]
Fixed 01_underhalls.hps float value issue in line 119
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2011, 08:31 PM by palistov.)
04-22-2011, 06:57 PM
Find
DominusVita Offline

Threads: 4
RE: The Scarecrow - Demo released!

I really liked where it's going. The main hall has a fantastic design, very good use of sanity control, adding the atmosphere of dread without resorting to throwing monsters at the player. It certainly could use some more interactivity, but it's still great work.
04-22-2011, 08:05 PM
Find
skypeskype Offline

Threads: 6

Yaaay demo. Gotta play this tomorow. Its 10pm now .... and ... yea.
04-22-2011, 08:42 PM
Website Find
ZxBrad Offline

Threads: 29

the file doesnt work. the hps isnt in the map folder and when i start up amnesia it doesnt find the story

WARNING: Noob Doesn't Know How To Script.
[Image: xcn384.gif]

04-23-2011, 01:17 AM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

Sounds creepy, what's it about
04-23-2011, 02:38 AM
Website Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

You could be experiencing some kind of bug. Try starting the Amnesia main story, then exiting out. Then check the Custom Stories menu again. I used to have that problem (story not showing up) but I would do that and it would show up.

04-23-2011, 03:17 AM
Find
Anxt Offline

Threads: 12

Just played the demo. You have my undying respect for the atmosphere you have created, Mr. Palistov. Well done.

One thing: In the Infirmary there are some invisible barriers on the right side of the hallway when coming from the entrance. Not sure what caused it, but I couldn't walk in a few places over there.

04-23-2011, 03:48 AM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Thanks Anxt! I'm glad you enjoyed it Smile

Ahh that's probably the beds. You can't see them can you? Did you pull all of the folders into the amnesia root (with the exception of the maps folder)? Because there are a few custom models that need to be in the amnesia's main game folders to show up.

And for everyone else, if you can't see those beds in the Infirmary but you did drag & merge the folders, let me know. I'll look into what may be causing that issue.

04-23-2011, 06:04 AM
Find
RazTK Offline

Threads: 1

I'm experiencing the same issue as Anxt. All I did was extracting the mod to the custom_stories folder, just as I do with any other mod.

EDIT: AMAZING work, by the way! The atmosphere is just great. :>
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2011, 08:45 AM by RazTK.)
04-23-2011, 08:44 AM
Find
Tiero Offline

Threads: 13

Best mapping, just icredible! Atmosphere best! All best! =D
01_underhalls.hps - Error! Map not loading!

[Image: 111.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2011, 09:56 AM by Tiero.)
04-23-2011, 09:50 AM
Website Find