Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Insidious
RikeuAmeva Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Insidious - New Demo - (Contains 3 maps)

Demo shows a very promising and interesting full story Big Grin Looking forward to it!

Spoiler below!
I absolutely love the stone and wood walls in the area with the heavy chest they look amazing, the use of flashbacks, writing on the wall, etc., all show promise of a very awesome story.

I also really liked the inventory comment about the Saferoom Key "This key unlocks the saferoom I suppose." It's tiny things like that in my opinion - that the character doesn't know for SURE what key goes where, he can only suppose - that help make a story great.

Edit: Found out I didn't finish the demo yet, lovely surprise! I really like how the story starts coming together with the hotel owner leaving you notes about the monsters. Also love how you come out of the super-dark saferoom into the bright hotel, only to pass out later and have it all messed up and dangerous, very nice!

I just have a small suggestion, there's a lot of hallucination monsters and if a player is like me, as soon as they even hear a monter they run and hide, which makes for very long waiting if the monster isn't set to despawn on it's own; and only -does- despawn if it gets close to the player. I think there's a way to script so that the monster always knows where the player is, which might make it better since it'll 'force' itself to despawn (as well as chase the player), or set a timed despawn if the player manages to outrun it. Of course, if it already -is- on a timed despawn, then disregard this =p
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2011, 05:25 AM by RikeuAmeva.)
06-26-2011, 04:54 AM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

(06-26-2011, 04:54 AM)RikeuAmeva Wrote: Demo shows a very promising and interesting full story Big Grin Looking forward to it!

Spoiler below!
I absolutely love the stone and wood walls in the area with the heavy chest they look amazing, the use of flashbacks, writing on the wall, etc., all show promise of a very awesome story.

I also really liked the inventory comment about the Saferoom Key "This key unlocks the saferoom I suppose." It's tiny things like that in my opinion - that the character doesn't know for SURE what key goes where, he can only suppose - that help make a story great.

Edit: Found out I didn't finish the demo yet, lovely surprise! I really like how the story starts coming together with the hotel owner leaving you notes about the monsters. Also love how you come out of the super-dark saferoom into the bright hotel, only to pass out later and have it all messed up and dangerous, very nice!

I just have a small suggestion, there's a lot of hallucination monsters and if a player is like me, as soon as they even hear a monter they run and hide, which makes for very long waiting if the monster isn't set to despawn on it's own; and only -does- despawn if it gets close to the player. I think there's a way to script so that the monster always knows where the player is, which might make it better since it'll 'force' itself to despawn (as well as chase the player), or set a timed despawn if the player manages to outrun it. Of course, if it already -is- on a timed despawn, then disregard this =p

Oh, Thanks a lot this was suprising for me such a positive feedback for you. Sure i can change that timed despawn but It only have that begin monster and It's not that big deal. Anyways good thing you like this map so much Smile It's my really serious and trying to get it very decent story Smile

Thanks and have a nice day Wink

“Life is a game, play it”
06-26-2011, 09:59 AM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5

well, can"t enter that door
Spoiler below!
[Image: 60703824.th.jpg]

just click on it and Nothing happens, no sounds, no events.
bug?Big Grin

just love the main hall.
06-26-2011, 08:03 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

(06-26-2011, 08:03 PM)Dark Knight Wrote: well, can"t enter that door
Spoiler below!
[Image: 60703824.th.jpg]

just click on it and Nothing happens, no sounds, no events.
bug?Big Grin

just love the main hall.

That requires "Old chamber key" search for it. You are missing something >Smile It's new idea to hide it and original Smile

06-26-2011, 09:59 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

First gameplay video released "Check that one out" Smile

07-03-2011, 12:46 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Release coming very soon Smile

(This post was last modified: 07-10-2011, 08:11 AM by HumiliatioN.)
07-10-2011, 08:10 AM
Find
skypeskype Offline

Threads: 6

uuuuuu Undead House. Sounds great Big Grin Make it so as you enter the first room 9001 brutes come running at you >Smile. Neah, I'm just kidin. Ima gonna play the demo right away !
07-10-2011, 08:57 AM
Website Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

(07-10-2011, 08:57 AM)skypeskype Wrote: uuuuuu Undead House. Sounds great Big Grin Make it so as you enter the first room 9001 brutes come running at you >Smile. Neah, I'm just kidin. Ima gonna play the demo right away !

Hah. Nope but i make something nice on the end. Smile

07-11-2011, 10:56 AM
Find
bobbo Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Insidious - New Demo - Full version (Coming Soon)

Small problem: If the first grunt kills you you respawn in the starting cell - but now without the lamp to pick up and therefore unaible to get to the next map.
07-11-2011, 06:29 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Insidious - New Demo - Full version (Coming Soon)

(07-11-2011, 06:29 PM)bobbo Wrote: Small problem: If the first grunt kills you you respawn in the starting cell - but now without the lamp to pick up and therefore unaible to get to the next map.

Oh, i know that no idea how i can fix that. But use press "F1" then teleport second place then you can proceed normally Smile

Or dont die or you have to restart whole map Smile

07-11-2011, 10:36 PM
Find