Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
Gustav [ADDON FINISHED!]
bobbo Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Gustav [ADDON FINISHED!]

Nice story!

Spoiler below!

I had no problem with the huge humans and pigs - I liked this new idea. However, the right pig looked a bit unreal to me. The standing one to the left was okay because the note explained that it grew quickly and was stuck in its cell.

I had one small problem on my first try. I forgot the name of the map but there was this huge door which had to be opened with a wheel to its left. The wheel had to be oiled first. On my first try i oiled the wheel and when the grunt suddenly spawned I tried to pull the wheel right away - without waiting for the message that the oil helped to lose the wheel. The wheel didn't move and the message that I need oil popped up again. Now I turned around to look at the grunt. When he whiped me he somehow managed to push me through the wall. I wasn't able to get back into the room, instead I had to find the end the map to let myself fall down and die. When I respawned, I went back to the door and the wheel: Unfortunately, I still couldn't pull it.

On my second try I just oiled the wheel, ignored the grunt and waited for the message that the oil was enough, then I pulled the wheel and ran past the grunt into the door. So maybe the problem was that I somehow interrupted the whole oil idea by pulling the wheel to quickly, meaning before the message about the successful oiling popped up?
06-29-2011, 08:16 PM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Yeah, I died at that part.
Spoiler below!
There shouldn't be a message telling you the oil worked, that much is self-evident by the sound it makes. The wheel should also be instantly turn-able, because the fact that I couldn't turn it right away meant I thought there was more I had to do. Needless to say, I was surprised when the grunt murdered me.

[Image: signature-2.png]
06-29-2011, 09:36 PM
Find
Fnoigy Offline

Threads: 4

Actually, there SHOULD be a message. I'm not really sure where the lag comes from, unfortunately. I learned how to script while making this, but I'm still not terribly great at it. While I got that situation to work about how I planned, I probably did so in a pretty backwards way that caused some goofy issues like the time delay. Like I said before, I actually made a lot of the monster encounters relatively non-dangerous because I wasn't really up for finding ways to make work-arounds when the flow of play was interrupted by death and respawning the player.

I'd actually hope to get a dedicated coder when I really start working on the next thing.
06-29-2011, 09:51 PM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39

Gustavo is nice! ^^

I loved the ending. That brute at the end should be Daniel?

listen to boards of canada
06-29-2011, 10:29 PM
Website Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Spoiler below!
No, that was Gustav.

[Image: signature-2.png]
06-30-2011, 12:37 AM
Find
SierenH Offline

Threads: 2

saw the name Gustav and knew it HAD to be good lol
12-11-2011, 06:23 AM
Find
SierenH Offline

Threads: 2

I downloaded it but it wont show up in my custom stories part of the game...and when i look after I get out of the game, its in there
12-15-2011, 11:09 PM
Find