Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[cancelled] test map (free script to learn)
Droopy Offline

Threads: 5
RE: [WIP][beta testing] no name yet - v0.2b

I tried running this game but it doesn't work.
I tried putting the Custom Story's files in Custom Story folder but they weren't there.
Please fix.

Listen to the fear, maybe it's your friend.
04-09-2011, 04:15 AM
Find
iNs Offline

Threads: 4

(04-09-2011, 04:15 AM)Droopy Wrote: I tried running this game but it doesn't work.
I tried putting the Custom Story's files in Custom Story folder but they weren't there.
Please fix.

What are you talking about, dude? xD
I did not send you the download link for testing my map.
So why do you post in here, as it would not run properly? o.O
04-09-2011, 09:56 AM
Find
KenOfAllTrades Offline

Threads: 2

(04-09-2011, 04:15 AM)Droopy Wrote: I tried running this game but it doesn't work.
Please fix.

To install a custom story, put the story's folder in the Amnesia/redist/custom_stories folder.

So if you have a custom story named "The dark night" or something, it would be Amnesia/redist/custom_stories/The dark night.

Just in case you're further confused, the folder named The dark night should have folders and files in it simillar to "Maps", "custom_story_settings.cfg", "extra_english.lang", etc.

I probably made a LP of this! Youtube channel here!
04-09-2011, 05:05 PM
Find
ZxBrad Offline

Threads: 29
RE: [WIP][beta testing] no name yet - v0.3b

Hi i tried the new version out. And i enjoyed it. The large map. The scripting was good. Lighting was in the right places. Really great mapping. But theres one thing.
Spoiler below!
When u get to the room where the shadow throws the chairs across the room and blows out the candles. The door where u enter from, on the right u can walk through that wall if you run. Its not noticable i dont even know who would try that but its just there.
Other then that its a good map hope to see a full release.

WARNING: Noob Doesn't Know How To Script.
[Image: xcn384.gif]

04-12-2011, 02:06 PM
Find
KenOfAllTrades Offline

Spoiler below!
I simply can't find a way forward. I've got the secret storage key and the code and I'm in the room with the stairs but I can't find a way to open the padlock or open the door to the Kitchen, Entrance Hall or Library. I've been looking in ALOT of crazy places. I feel like you're hiding a things a bit too well too. Like in the beginning it took me about 15 minutes to find the key behind the book. Clever but a bit hard.

I liked the part where I was controlled and went over to the cabinet, it was a very nice touch!

But was there any point to the room where the chairs were thrown from the tables and the candles put out? I can't find anything in there. And the guy in the post above me, I tried running through the wall but it didn't work, so I guess it was just a glitch for him

04-13-2011, 06:47 AM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

Quote:Dude, not to be mean or anything, but a corridor and 4 rooms isn't enough too get people interested..
The first level in my (jesus christ this is ancient) penumbra mod was exactly this. My first foray into modding&modeling.

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
04-13-2011, 10:53 PM
Find
KenOfAllTrades Offline

(04-13-2011, 06:47 AM)KenOfAllTrades Wrote:
Spoiler below!
I simply can't find a way forward. I've got the secret storage key and the code and I'm in the room with the stairs but I can't find a way to open the padlock or open the door to the Kitchen, Entrance Hall or Library. I've been looking in ALOT of crazy places. I feel like you're hiding a things a bit too well too. Like in the beginning it took me about 15 minutes to find the key behind the book. Clever but a bit hard.

I liked the part where I was controlled and went over to the cabinet, it was a very nice touch!

But was there any point to the room where the chairs were thrown from the tables and the candles put out? I can't find anything in there. And the guy in the post above me, I tried running through the wall but it didn't work, so I guess it was just a glitch for him

Need some help here iNs

04-14-2011, 09:10 PM
Find
KenOfAllTrades Offline

Oh fdsfgs, I forgot to write feedback! The map seemed promising enough, though you need to make the puzzles simpler.

Spoiler below!
First off, I had NO IDEA what to do with the books, because they made no noise indicating that pulling them out did anything. And the note wasn't enough help because it stated the same number twice which somehow threw me off. If not for that then I'd say it's okay, but you need to lower the amount of lights, and maybe change around on the part where everything is scattered in the one room with the long tables. All the lights / all the plates falling and crashing made me lag, which is obviously not a good thing

As I said earlier, all in all, the story seems fairly promising and IMO really shows that you're able to really do something. That being said, I've got no experience with the level editor, I just test maps :V

04-24-2011, 10:28 PM
Find
iNs Offline

Threads: 4
RE: [cancelled] test map

*push*

- I cancelled this map, because I cant finish it
- I edited first post - free download - free script

Script is commented well, so stay free to learn things with it.

Regards
iNs
05-03-2011, 08:00 PM
Find