Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Stephen Rimmer's Alpha Adventure [Completed] - LAST UPDATE 17TH May
cook Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Stephen Rimmer's Alpha Adventure [Completed] - LAST UPDATE 17TH May

(06-10-2011, 10:31 AM)Dankelt Wrote: Hey, is there meant to be a lantern for this map? Cause I've picked up oil but I can't find the lantern...... :\

You find it in the
Spoiler below!
Master Bedroom in the first map

06-10-2011, 03:23 PM
Find
Tenno Offline

Threads: 0

I greatly enjoyed playing through your well crafted story. All of the areas were beautifully designed such as the grand staircase and the castle garden. Some of the events were absolutely terrifying and unexpected, the statue that follows you was a personal favorite for me and the atmosphere of the whole castle was bone-chilling. It was one of the longest, most perfected and original stories I have played. The only negative aspect of it was the actual story line, it wasn't as strong as the game play, scares etc.

However it didn't really bother me that much because I was having too much fun exploring the haunting castle Tongue

I hope it gets finished because I would love to see more Big Grin

[Image: 29069he.gif]
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2011, 09:18 AM by Tenno.)
06-11-2011, 09:14 AM
Find
cook Offline

Threads: 6

(06-11-2011, 09:14 AM)Tenno Wrote: I greatly enjoyed playing through your well crafted story. All of the areas were beautifully designed such as the grand staircase and the castle garden. Some of the events were absolutely terrifying and unexpected, the statue that follows you was a personal favorite for me and the atmosphere of the whole castle was bone-chilling. It was one of the longest, most perfected and original stories I have played. The only negative aspect of it was the actual story line, it wasn't as strong as the game play, scares etc.

However it didn't really bother me that much because I was having too much fun exploring the haunting castle Tongue

I hope it gets finished because I would love to see more Big Grin

I'm going to add a few maps from this into the other story I'm making, which will be more story oriented and more atmospheric, still going to have lots of original scares though.
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2011, 04:27 PM by cook.)
06-11-2011, 04:27 PM
Find
Dankelt Offline

(06-10-2011, 03:23 PM)cook Wrote:
(06-10-2011, 10:31 AM)Dankelt Wrote: Hey, is there meant to be a lantern for this map? Cause I've picked up oil but I can't find the lantern...... :\

You find it in the
Spoiler below!
Master Bedroom in the first map

Yeah look I just encountered the monster painting, I take it there's no way for me to get the lantern anymore, seeing as the path was blocked by rocks? Tongue

Also, I just got the Great Halls key, but I can't open the door that I'm assuming leads to the Great Halls (when I click on it says the key might be nearby, but then when I use the key on it it doesnt work)
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2011, 06:10 AM by Dankelt.)
06-13-2011, 06:06 AM
Find
JTo110 Offline

(05-21-2011, 05:29 PM)Puriel Wrote: So what's the ending supposed to be? After I escaped the monsters from the long staircase run and got into the tower room theres was only one door in there that worked and it had a fatal error. Said it couldn't load a map. This isn't the end, is it? That would be VERY disappointing since the thread title says it's completed.

I had the same problem Sad maybe because i'm not running the steam version has anyone gotten past this point
06-25-2011, 10:05 PM
Find
RikeuAmeva Offline

That is the end, I asked the same thing earlier in the thread and cook said it was :\
06-26-2011, 01:53 PM
Find
amaterasu2314 Offline

I seem to be having an issue with a key.
Spoiler below!
I have the key to the Grand Hall from the Gallery, but I can't use it on any of the doors - even the one that's a unique door that I think I should be able to use the key on. What might I be missing?

EDIT:
Never mind. I found the door. Now I just need to find the door to the Servant's Quarters...
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2011, 07:09 PM by amaterasu2314.)
07-05-2011, 09:34 PM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

Hello I am stuck in the
Spoiler below!

Water Monster part. I got the machinery working, but I went to leave it thru the door up the stairs at the end, but they are stuck, and the only key I have is the Servant's Quarters key. Welp.

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2011, 12:44 AM by RawkBandMan.)
07-24-2011, 12:43 AM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

Help me! Bump!

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
07-27-2011, 05:14 PM
Find
slm11603 Offline

Wow dude that was pretty awesome 1 of the best custom stories Ive played so far keep up the good work ...I must also add that theres a lil lackin in the story area of the game but i saw the post bout u addin more to it but man you did pretty great u should add this to the contest if u havent already..o and 1 other thing was the door with the metal gate in front of it not sure what u planned to have it open with but i used the 1st thing on it to weaken w/o given too much away..after i used the sledge but it mysteriously dissappeared in the wall an the gate didnt open so i grabbed a box stood next to it an shook the crap outta my mouse till it gave soo.. idk but there may be a lil glitch there otherwise ...gyet er done damnit i loved it!!!
08-01-2011, 05:01 AM
Find