Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WIWWM's Models (Looking for Practice Suggestions)
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
WIWWM's Models (Looking for Practice Suggestions)

Hello All! I am just starting to get into 3d modelling and im currently creating a few things, I would like to ask to some people that have 3d modeled before however, What models did you make for practice? I'm looking for simple models to create just for practice.

I put this is in the right thread (as far as i know anyway =P) Because when i do finish the models, i'll be uploading them to this thread. And if i dont like them when i get better i can always come back and update them.

No im not taking requests and im very sure you wouldn't want me making models for you at my current skill level anyway.

Im currently working on a handheld flashlight,, not the animations or anything in order to actually use it in your hand (that's beyond me as of now) but just something im messing around with that i haven't seen anyone do anything with before now. (in amnesia anyway)

08-02-2013, 09:21 PM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79
RE: WIWWM's Models (Looking for Practice Suggestions)

Take the closest thing to your hand and raise it up as your newborn child. (Play Lion King's soundtrack for mood.)

Pencils, Boxes, Tables, Doors, Walls are easier to model and UV unwrap.
08-02-2013, 09:40 PM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

(08-02-2013, 09:40 PM)Rapture Wrote: Take the closest thing to your hand and raise it up as your newborn child. (Play Lion King's soundtrack for mood.)

Pencils, Boxes, Tables, Doors, Walls are easier to model and UV unwrap.

*open's spotify, plays lion king music, grabs computer mouse, feeds it abtteries as it was about dead*

Tyvm for the suggestions!

EDIT - Song played was "For This Land - Hans Zimmerman"

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2013, 09:43 PM by 7heDubz.)
08-02-2013, 09:42 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

Before I began real modelling, I got a cube, a simple cube, I tried to follow the methods to make it exportable and then I would test it in the Model Editor, to get the basics and to know how stuff works.

A bit old, but I think this should help you, if you want to do stuff in Blender.

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-18684.html

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
08-02-2013, 11:37 PM
Find