Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for a partner[scripting]
varto Offline

Threads: 2
Looking for a partner[scripting]

Well, as the title says, I'm looking for a partner to help finish my map. I have full knowledge on how to map and how to place entities(pathnodes & whatnot) but there is something odd going on when i script. For some reason only certain scripts will actually work on my lang and hps files. like my first letter in my lang file just doesn't want to work. I have followed the video tutorials to their fullest and still cant get it to work

Example: <CATEGORY Name="Journal">
<Entry Name="Note_lostkey_Name">Halt your progress!</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_lostkey_Text">Notice reguarding conversions,[br]That good for nothing Lesley lost the key to the dump again. Until the key is found[br]once again all progress with conversions will have to be canceled, and postponed.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_theletter_Name">this is a letter</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_theletter_Text">this is a letter.[br]wall o'text.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

seeing as that one simple note refuses to work, i was wondering if anyone would like to be my partner and finish the scripting half of my map? I would gladly mark each spot with what i would want to happen in detail.[map has just started its progress]
05-12-2011, 09:46 PM
Find
ferryadams10 Offline

Threads: 40
RE: Looking for a partner[scripting]

I am currently working on my own but just add me on msn or steam
if I got some time besides my project I can see what I can mean for you. Tongue

Msn: ferry_hooligan@live.nl
Steam: ferryadams1

Got a nice sofa
Please come and have a seat for a while

05-13-2011, 07:23 AM
Find
varto Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Looking for a partner[scripting]

Alright, thanks for the help. By the way, i do have steam, but i don't have amnesia on my steam account(usually on bad company 2). Ill add you on steam, and if you need any of my files, map, hps, lang, just let me know. Ill begin working on the details of what i need help with, probably will take a sceenshot of each map and circle around what i need help with. Also, whats the name of the map that you're working on?
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2011, 09:32 AM by varto.)
05-13-2011, 09:31 AM
Find