Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.22 Average
Professor Brislows Castle
coop97 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Professor Brislows Castle, Demo [Updated]

I'll play the updated version then update this post with results.

Still, wow. I noticed some things that I either hadn't picked up before or were just added. The changes that were made to the maps scared the crap out of me, as did some of the old ones that I knew were coming. I especially liked the changes made to the Private Study map. The statue that followed you around was genius! When the closet was flung open and the chair was thrown across the room, I had to cover my mouth too keep myself from waking up everybody in the house!
This is still one of my favorites and if I were a professional Amnesia custom story critic, I would have to give this the following:
Level Design: 9/10
Story: 9/10
Scares: 10/10

Keep up the great work! I can't wait until I can play further in the story and maybe pick up the hammer to see what happens.
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2011, 02:45 PM by coop97.)
05-30-2011, 01:56 PM
Find
betafotball Offline

Threads: 1

Okay the new closet scare was amazing

My name is Legion, for we are many
05-31-2011, 07:40 PM
Find
Rownbear Offline

Threads: 13

Thanks for the feedback, Btw is it too much oil and tinderboxes in the game? I think it's too many tinderboxes and too little to actually be lit but to you that have played the demo, what do you think? Smile

06-01-2011, 01:29 PM
Find
betafotball Offline

(06-01-2011, 01:29 PM)Rownbear Wrote: Thanks for the feedback, Btw is it too much oil and tinderboxes in the game? I think it's too many tinderboxes and too little to actually be lit but to you that have played the demo, what do you think? Smile

No it´s enough in my opinion. But you could perhaps cut down the amount in the barrel in the prison.

My name is Legion, for we are many
06-01-2011, 03:34 PM
Find
bobbo Offline

I had played the old version before. I'm not sure:
Spoiler below!

was that part with the hatch abovethe bed implemented already back then? Well, I liked that passage. Smile

I think I found a bug: When I enter an area through door "1" then leave the area through door "2" and then reenter the area via this door "2", I spawn in front of door "1" instead - just like the first time I entered the area. Did that make any sense? Big Grin

Exit-Door 2
________________x (spawn point)
_______________Exit-Door 1

^^I think this is the arrangement of the two exit doors in the first study area. When I play through the map and exit through door 2 finally and then reenter via this door 2 - I spawn in front of door 1 as if it was the first time I entered the study.
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2011, 12:46 PM by bobbo.)
06-02-2011, 12:36 PM
Find
Rownbear Offline

(06-02-2011, 12:36 PM)bobbo Wrote: I had played the old version before. I'm not sure:
Spoiler below!

was that part with the hatch abovethe bed implemented already back then? Well, I liked that passage. Smile

I think I found a bug: When I enter an area through door "1" then leave the area through door "2" and then reenter the area via this door "2", I spawn in front of door "1" instead - just like the first time I entered the area. Did that make any sense? Big Grin

Exit-Door 2
________________x (spawn point)
_______________Exit-Door 1

^^I think this is the arrangement of the two exit doors in the first study area. When I play through the map and exit through door 2 finally and then reenter via this door 2 - I spawn in front of door 1 as if it was the first time I entered the study.

Oh yeah I forgot to set the spawnarea for when you enter back that door, thanks Smile and no I added that passage later, there is a known bug there though. If you put the ladder while the hatch is swinging back and forth you could block the hatch so you cant go back up, but I know the solution. Smile

(This post was last modified: 06-03-2011, 01:36 PM by Rownbear.)
06-02-2011, 09:40 PM
Find
Finska Offline

Threads: 6

The story was the most horrifying one I've tested. I screamed like a little girl at the jumpscare part (when the body appeared hanging down from the ceiling). The progressing was pretty simple, but it doens't matter.
Hi.
Edit: The spawning statue freaked me out!
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2011, 06:50 PM by Finska.)
06-09-2011, 06:48 PM
Find
Rownbear Offline

Hello, alittle update on the progress, I am extending the Sewer part, now its longer and not just a chase, followed by another sewer map with puzzles and scares. Also the mainhall came up alittle to early as it's somewhat close to the end. So i am makeing a backhall with 3 new separate maps in it, The Library, Winecellar and The Pit.

I have drawn the maps, and the 2 sewer maps is nearly done on the leveleditor, and then it's just scripting and planning the scares, which takes the most time. So now the story will be increased in playtime quite alot I think, and will have a more of a big castle feel. Anyways, was just an update on whats to come. I don't know if I'll release a demo with some of the stuff or if I should try to get it all done. But I figured that 7 new maps will take some time, maybe it's done till the end of summer.

(This post was last modified: 06-19-2011, 01:33 AM by Rownbear.)
06-19-2011, 01:11 AM
Find
LucaP1000 Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Professor Brislows Castle, Demo V1.02

I can't fucking go over the first area!!! When you find the note and the red bar thing...

[Image: classic-76561198012894588.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2011, 07:13 PM by LucaP1000.)
06-28-2011, 07:13 PM
Find
Rownbear Offline

RE: Professor Brislows Castle, Demo V1.02

(06-28-2011, 07:13 PM)LucaP1000 Wrote: I can't fucking go over the first area!!! When you find the note and the red bar thing...

Sorry for late respond, here's what you need to do:
Spoiler below!
You need to go go behind the boxes in the dark little room, it's a secret room with a lever "hole" on the wall, attach the red tube to it so it works as a lever. Smile

(This post was last modified: 06-29-2011, 10:11 PM by Rownbear.)
06-29-2011, 10:09 PM
Find