Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making a kitchen
Sennep Offline

Threads: 6
Making a kitchen

I need a kitchen for my custom story, but there doesn't seem to be a very good selection of objects.

Off course i need some walls but i don't know which to use. Do you have any ideas? Its in a mansion in the eighteenth century.

Have any of you made kitchens in your custom stories? If you have, what did you use?
05-18-2011, 07:23 PM
Find
Khyrpa Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Making a kitchen

if you can't use rotten apples... use: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-8094.html
and whatever static object group you used at the surroindings
05-18-2011, 10:34 PM
Find
Rownbear Offline

Threads: 13

I have made sort of a kitchen in my story, use the white walls from the mansion. put out table and make it big so it becomes a kitchen table with 4 chairs, put out shelfes and place plates, goblets and such out. dont forget to put it on the table aswell with maybe a apple and bread on the plate. put a fireplace or oven out and put normal accesories around, bucket, basket. Look around in the entities and you'll find all sort of possibilities.

EDIT: you can put out the workbenches from cellar and then select plane and cover the rocks with woodplane. make it look nice as if it was kitchen benches. can be alittle tricky but possible.

(This post was last modified: 05-18-2011, 11:48 PM by Rownbear.)
05-18-2011, 11:46 PM
Find
dragonlordsd Offline

Threads: 7

I used penumbra models for the most part in my kitchen. What I would advise is use of The dungeon furnace, which looks exactly like a baker's kiln to me, or a large oven. There are some cooking fires in lamps, I think. Pots are available (pans aren't, Sad ) And there are enough knives and what not. All of the rotten stuff is passable as food, although its not exactly fine dining. Cupboards will be difficult, I advise use of Don Protz' Commode.
05-19-2011, 01:47 AM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67

It really depends on what type of kitchen you want (time, place, etc) If you're looking for a medieval-type kitchen, the cellarbase models look pretty nice. If you want a fancier one, you might need to consider making your own floors, ceilings, walls and possibly even entities.

05-19-2011, 08:16 AM
Find
Sennep Offline

Threads: 6

Thanks for your help. I'll try some of your suggesting. Big Grin
05-19-2011, 08:44 PM
Find