Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making a custom story
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21
Making a custom story

where do you begin to start learning?
05-19-2011, 02:23 AM
Website Find
Russ Money Offline

Threads: 25
RE: Making a custom story

(05-19-2011, 02:23 AM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote: where do you begin to start learning?

I'd say, download the tools. Open the map editor and screw around with that for a while.

Then go onto scripting. Use the forum's search function for anything you could think of that you would want in your maps. Learn by doing.

Also, this should help:

http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/start

05-19-2011, 02:26 AM
Find
vcplz Offline

Threads: 3

1: download the HPL 2 level editor
2:plan out your map
3:download a good text editing program (I use BBEDIT, i guess you can use notepad or notepad +)
4: spend a good time looking at tutorials (http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/tutorials/start)
5:watch videos to get a better idea some good youtube videos (just type in amnesia tutorials)
6:learn to script
7:test out your script
8:basically refine your skills

and last but not least you would need to spend a lot of time in the amnesia custom stories and modification thread trying to find the answers to your map making problems
05-19-2011, 05:40 AM
Find
Rownbear Offline

Threads: 13

I started aswell not too long ago, watched the videos and read the wiki. make the map and begin with makeing a key open a locked door. use the "Search" tool here on the site and search for what you need help with. Most of the time there are several threads already made for what you need help with.

05-19-2011, 08:50 AM
Find