Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Main Menu Loading Screen
Russ Money Offline

Threads: 25
RE: Main Menu Loading Screen

(05-19-2011, 10:20 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: It's a definite YAY for me. Since I liked your work very much, and I love mythology as I mentioned in my review, I'd really like to see this and even would play again to see this in game Big Grin

Yeah, I'm going back right now to fix the minor bugs and of course, more oil. Didn't know people would go through it so slowly, or should I say, cautiously.

05-19-2011, 10:21 AM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16

(05-19-2011, 08:41 AM)Russ Money Wrote:
(05-19-2011, 06:27 AM)xiphirx Wrote: read up on resources.cfg Wink
I checked out the resources.cfg, couldn't find anything but the directories for the resources of the game.

Yep, this is what you want.

What you need to do is copy and paste the directory that contains the loading image from Amnesia into your full conversion directory. Then mod the resources file to point to your new custom directory.

Then you can freely edit the files in your new directory.

Example:

For the loading screen, you want to make a copy of "graphics" and place it into your full conversion folder

So, here I guess the new directory would be La Caza/graphics. So in your custom resources.cfg (La Caza/resources.cfg) edit the line that has "/graphics/" to "/La Caza/graphics/"

Now you can change the loading screen in La Caza/graphics/ and it won't touch the original files.

05-19-2011, 06:20 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

xiphirx, while you are completely right here, this will cause lots of unneeded material to be added to installer.
Graphics are not that large, but what if you are to change sounds? IE. I changed the oil use sound because there is no path configuration for it like open and close lantern. Copying all the sound files will cause installer to be nearly half of the Amnesia installer.

05-19-2011, 07:52 PM
Website Find
MrBigzy Offline

Threads: 18

You guys could try using a search program (I have one but the trial is done) to try to find a reference to the image in any of the files.
05-19-2011, 07:56 PM
Find
skypeskype Offline

Threads: 6

Wow, you made it ?! Thats great! Definitly a YAY from me!

P.S : Im curious ... what are ya working on Russ ? Big Grin
05-19-2011, 08:04 PM
Website Find
Russ Money Offline

Threads: 25

Nothing new, just "polishing" La Caza up for the coming competition.

05-19-2011, 08:09 PM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Tanshaydar, yeah you're right as well Smile

I believe you can also add just the one folder for your loading screen (La Caza/graphics/loading_screen/) right before the "/graphics" line and that should also work.

What this does is tell the game to look in /La Caza/graphics/loading_screen/ for resources before you look in /graphics/ I believe... it may be wrong.

05-19-2011, 09:36 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Well, I still couldn't solve the HPL2's path reading system. Yesterday I was moving everything in one folder to be more regular, and my map read the entity file from static_objects folder instead of entities folder, which scared the sh*t out of me while testing the map.

If it's possible to make the game to read custom files before original ones, then there will not be a problem for total conversions. Though, it should work for every user in every OS/version.

05-19-2011, 09:46 PM
Website Find
xiphirx Offline

It does read the custom files before the original if you place the custom directories above the originals in resources.cfg. I know this because the first time I attempted to mod my lantern, I saved the lantern correctly, edited all of the needed files, but it would not show up in game. I even had the custom directory in resources.cfg but it was under the original directory, so I placed it above and it worked Smile

05-19-2011, 10:12 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Ok, I'll try it to see if it'll work.

05-20-2011, 10:00 AM
Website Find