Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Changes won't show up..
DannieWest Offline

Threads: 13
Changes won't show up..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJCq2W2_bYo

A video showing the map.

I got a hatch in my room that just won't open, I've tried to change loads of stuff, editing walls and ceilings to perfectness, but the changes won't show up ;o Tried both false and true on forcecacheskipsaving thingy, but nothing works Confused Got any clue? >.<
05-19-2011, 02:04 PM
Find
MrBigzy Offline

Threads: 18
RE: Changes won't show up..

Something is probably clipped with it and blocking it. Try removing the planes and walls around it for a sec and see if it works.
05-19-2011, 02:59 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

You sure you did setup the dev environment and saving the changes you made to your map?

Edit: I watched the video. Try to delete the cache file. Though, it's not recommended since you should setup developer environment.

I don't know how to do in Mac, but it should be possible: http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/amn...evenvguide

(This post was last modified: 05-19-2011, 04:24 PM by Tanshaydar.)
05-19-2011, 04:23 PM
Website Find
DannieWest Offline

MrBigzy: Yea I've tried that, but the problem is when I start the map the changes haven't been saved, except in the level editor, like there is another map without the changes somewhere, but I've checked everywhere and can't find it :o

Tanshaydar: Haven't set up the dev enviroment cuz I'm not sure about the:
In user_settings.cfg, inside the ”<Map”-element set Folder=”” to the root folder for your maps (eg Folder=“MyMaps/”), this folder MUST be located inside the maps folder in the game directory (where you put the tools).
In user_settings.cfg, inside the ”<Map”-element set File=”“ to point to the map you want to load (eg File=“my_map.map”). thingys, not sure where that is on the mac...
Hmm, tried both deleting the cache, and leaving it there, but none of em work ;o
05-19-2011, 08:19 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Here's my user_settings.cfg
It's for Windows, though I don't think there will be much of a change:
Spoiler below!
<Game ShowCommentary="false" ShowCrossHair="false" FocusIconStyle="Default" ShowDeathHints="true" ShowSubtitles="true" ShowEffectSubtitles="true" ShowHints="false" />
<Debug ShowFPS="true" ShowSoundPlaying="false" ShowPlayerInfo="false" ShowEntityInfo="false" SaveCheckPointOnMapLoad="false" ShowDebugMessages="false" UseProgLog="false" ScriptDebugOn="true" InspectionMode="false" DisableFlashBacks="false" DrawPhysics="false" ReloadFromCurrentPosition="true" AllowQuickSave="true" />
<Input InvertMouse="false" SmoothMouse="true" MouseSensitivity="1.000000" />
<Map File="04_mental_2.map" Folder="maps/white_night/" StartPos="" />

05-19-2011, 08:21 PM
Website Find
DannieWest Offline

Hmm, the user settings looks like this:
<Map File="TestStory.map" Folder="TestStory/Maps/" StartPos="" />
since I got the map I want in custom_stories -> TestStory -> Maps, but when I start the game it sais "FATAL ERROR: Could not load TestStory/Maps/TestStory.map world file." ..? o.o
05-19-2011, 08:30 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Create a TestStory folder in maps folder and write "maps/TestStory/" for the Folder="" thing. Put your maps into there, once you are finished and ready to release, put all maps into custom_stories folder and test it.

While developing, constantly testing the maps is more important.

(This post was last modified: 05-19-2011, 08:36 PM by Tanshaydar.)
05-19-2011, 08:35 PM
Website Find
DannieWest Offline

Still getting same error =/
Yea, as soon as I do slightest change I test run it to see everything works smoothly, and it's kind of annoying starting up the game all the time, but I can't seem to get it right >.<
Suppose I maybe could bundle up a lil package containing the files needed for dev environment and maybe someone could check what's wrong with it..? >.< (Got so quite I suppose no1 knows what the problem might be)
Nvm, found out what the problem was :o
Realized I was in the wrong maps folder (tried inside the customstory one -.-) Was when I re-read the once you are finished and ready to release, put all maps into custom_stories folder and test it" that I realized I was completely wrong!

So thanks a lot for the help! Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2011, 09:14 PM by DannieWest.)
05-19-2011, 08:39 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Oh, my bad. I should've point that maps folder I was talking about is the folder in root directory.
Anyway, I'm glad you solved the problem Smile

05-19-2011, 09:35 PM
Website Find
DannieWest Offline

Haha, dw about it, I'm just glad I got dev env xP

Btw, do you know if there's any way of getting the extra_english to work in debug mode? :o The key unlocks the door, but it sais "picked up", instead of "Picked up key smelling like cheese" :o
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2011, 09:45 PM by DannieWest.)
05-19-2011, 09:44 PM
Find