Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Games with Good AI?
laser50 Offline

Threads: 22
Games with Good AI?

Hey guys, I just wanted to make this topic because i have No game to play anymore.

I finished Amnesia Recently. (Justine Aswell) And i'm kinda looking for a new game.
I hope there would be a good FPS like F.E.A.R or F.E.A.R 2 with Awesome (and Smart\intelligent) AI.

Any tips, suggestions on games with good AI?
05-19-2011, 09:31 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
RE: Games with Good AI?

Duty Calls: The Calm Before the Storm

05-19-2011, 09:37 PM
Website Find
laser50 Offline

(05-19-2011, 09:37 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: Duty Calls: The Calm Before the Storm

Lol'd. but now a real game xD
05-19-2011, 09:41 PM
Find
Tottel Offline

Threads: 9

I wouldn't call them super-smart, but the AI in Metro 2033 was decent.
Apart from that, a fantastic game with superb atmosphere and settings.
05-19-2011, 09:54 PM
Find
evertuy Offline

Threads: 9

company of heroes, the ai is pretty hard even on easy (maybe cause it is an RTS)

Sucky sucky 5 grand?
05-20-2011, 12:00 AM
Find
laser50 Offline

(05-20-2011, 12:00 AM)evertuy Wrote: company of heroes, the ai is pretty hard even on easy (maybe cause it is an RTS)

I recommend this game to everyone here, I got all the 3 games. the AI is smart enough to get into cover himself, And they can actually aim.
05-20-2011, 06:34 AM
Find
Xanatos Offline

Threads: 5

Ghost Recon (the first one) has the best friendly AI I've ever seen. They always do what they're told and are actually capable of self-preservation. Obviously they're not bulletproof and are just as vulnerable as the player - it is a realistic FPS, after all.
Unlike the newer GRAW 2 where your sniper has to go through 2 magazines to hit a target across the street and your team think it's a good idea to go prone in the middle of the road right in front of a Browning M2.

Crysis had some pretty clever AI too, although with your nanosuit powers it was hard to notice.

If fate frowns, we all perish.
Do not fear the darkness, but welcome its embrace.
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2011, 07:54 AM by Xanatos.)
05-20-2011, 07:03 AM
Find
GraphicsKid Offline

Threads: 34

(05-20-2011, 06:34 AM)laser50 Wrote:
(05-20-2011, 12:00 AM)evertuy Wrote: company of heroes, the ai is pretty hard even on easy (maybe cause it is an RTS)

I recommend this game to everyone here, I got all the 3 games. the AI is smart enough to get into cover himself, And they can actually aim.

My dad and I play Company of Heroes nearly every night of every weekend, we love it! The AI is pretty good, we can usually beat 2 "experts". The AI is pretty good, but nothing all that special. The British AI will sometimes run its trucks right up to the front lines to be blasted away. Also, I was quite annoyed to find out that an "expert" computer is just a "hard" computer that gets double manpower, ammo, fuel, and population. On some of the bigger maps, there just isn't much chance of defending yourself against "the swarm" of infantry that results.

Regardless... try out company of heroes, it's a great game!
(05-20-2011, 07:03 AM)Xanatos Wrote: Ghost Recon (the first one) has the best friendly AI I've ever seen. They always do what they're told and are actually capable of self-preservation. Obviously they're not bulletproof and are just as vulnerable as the player - it is a realistic FPS, after all.
Unlike the newer GRAW 2 where your sniper has to go through 2 magazines to hit a target across the street and your team think it's a good idea to go prone in the middle of the road right in front of a Browning M2.

Crysis had some pretty clever AI too, although with your nanosuit powers it was hard to notice.

I like the AI in crysis 1. It was fun to screw around with them. Make some noise here... cloak... run over there... watch them all run past you... throw a grenade at the gas barrel they're crowding around... hehehehe Tongue

Yea it's not that difficult with all of your nanosuit powers, but just what IS good AI? Personally, I think "good AI" and "challenging AI" are NOT the same thing. I think the quality of the AI should be measured by how life-like it is. It's easy to make hard AI... just give them 100% accuracy and make them jump a lot... but is that "good" AI?
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2011, 06:17 AM by GraphicsKid.)
05-23-2011, 06:14 AM
Find
Redeemer Offline

Threads: 2

AI doesn't necessarily have any impact on the fun-factor of a video game. Too many games nowadays concentrate on creating the most realistic experience possible, so they create an AI that can do everything from wage international warfare to prepare a can of bean soup. But they completely drop the ball on what makes games really fun.

The funny thing is, people complain and complain and complain about how shooters nowadays are all the same, there are no differences between them, and how they are so 1337 because they only have one shooter called Modern Warfare 2 which is, in their words, a "mildly decent" (read: they love it) shooter. And then they complain about stupid things like AI and balance and how many sniper rifles the game has. -.-

If you haven't noticed already, I really don't like modern shooters and I also really don't like the people who've made them what they are. The ONLY first person shooter that I really enjoy is Doom (the original). Why? Isn't it the absolute pinnacle of everything I hate about FPSs? No!

Just read this article to understand why. Go on. Read it to completion, right now. It does an absolutely wonderful job of explaining just why the original Doom has stood the test of time for almost 20 years, an eternity in the life of video games, and still has a very active and very productive community that is keeping it very much alive. The graphics aren't great any more; some might call them atrocious. But the game is still very, very fun, and this article does an excellent job explaining just why that is.

When you're done, I hope you do yourself a very big favor and get Doom 1/2, some of the more highly respectable modifications (believe me, there are some GOOD ones out there), a source port, and maybe a friend or two and have some real fun. What have you got to lose? If you don't like it, you can get a different game, and if you do like it, like I have for the last 12 years, then you'll have a source of endless fun for literally years to come.

(I see you still haven't read that article. READ IT.)
(Also Majora's Mask.)

05-23-2011, 04:20 PM
Website Find
WatzUpzPeepz Offline

Threads: 12

The Crysis 2 AI are very good and the AI in Hell's Highway are good enough.

05-23-2011, 04:36 PM
Find