Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about voiceover additions
Duenuard Offline

Threads: 2
Question about voiceover additions

I'm sorry if this has been answered already, but I want to know how exactly to add a voiceover to my DIARY entry (please notice I am talking about a diary entry and NOT a note entry). The code I have now allows me to pick up the note and read it only after I have hit "N", it doesn't allow me to read the note right as I pick it up for some reason... but I want it to just pick it up and start talking just like Daniel does in the actual game. Anyone know how this works?
05-20-2011, 09:01 PM
Find
Russ Money Offline

Threads: 25
RE: Question about voiceover additions

(05-20-2011, 09:01 PM)Duenuard Wrote: I'm sorry if this has been answered already, but I want to know how exactly to add a voiceover to my DIARY entry (please notice I am talking about a diary entry and NOT a note entry). The code I have now allows me to pick up the note and read it only after I have hit "N", it doesn't allow me to read the note right as I pick it up for some reason... but I want it to just pick it up and start talking just like Daniel does in the actual game. Anyone know how this works?

In the map editor, select your note entity. In the entity tab, near the bottom should be a "Use Narration" tick. Make sure that's ticked.

In your custom story root folder, make sub directories as follows:

Custom_Stories\<Your Story>\lang\eng\voices\diaries

Place all your voice over sounds in there (*.ogg). In your .lang file, go through and add the .ogg files to it.
Example:

This is a excerpt from my .lang file.

<Entry Name="Note_Scientite_Text">[br][voice freezeman_RE1.ogg][br]
Research Entry 34[br]
Dr. G Freezeman[br]
It's been a week since we arrived at the site.  Our contractor,
a Mr. Blue, had forgotten to mention that this research outpost
and source of this "Scientite" was being held in the confinds of this forgotten temple.  The other doctors had made reports of unusual noises coming from the depths.  I assured them it was nothing but the wind.  I, too, heard these sounds though.  This place gives me the creeps, I just want to finish gathering this chemical and leave as soon as possible.</Entry>

How it's added is adding the [voice freezeman_RE1.ogg], which would be for you [voice name.ogg] or whatever your .ogg is named.

(This post was last modified: 05-20-2011, 09:59 PM by Russ Money.)
05-20-2011, 09:58 PM
Find
Duenuard Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Question about voiceover additions

(05-20-2011, 09:58 PM)Russ Money Wrote:
(05-20-2011, 09:01 PM)Duenuard Wrote: I'm sorry if this has been answered already, but I want to know how exactly to add a voiceover to my DIARY entry (please notice I am talking about a diary entry and NOT a note entry). The code I have now allows me to pick up the note and read it only after I have hit "N", it doesn't allow me to read the note right as I pick it up for some reason... but I want it to just pick it up and start talking just like Daniel does in the actual game. Anyone know how this works?

In the map editor, select your note entity. In the entity tab, near the bottom should be a "Use Narration" tick. Make sure that's ticked.

In your custom story root folder, make sub directories as follows:

Custom_Stories\<Your Story>\lang\eng\voices\diaries

Place all your voice over sounds in there (*.ogg). In your .lang file, go through and add the .ogg files to it.
Example:

This is a excerpt from my .lang file.

<Entry Name="Note_Scientite_Text">[br][voice freezeman_RE1.ogg][br]
Research Entry 34[br]
Dr. G Freezeman[br]
It's been a week since we arrived at the site.  Our contractor,
a Mr. Blue, had forgotten to mention that this research outpost
and source of this "Scientite" was being held in the confinds of this forgotten temple.  The other doctors had made reports of unusual noises coming from the depths.  I assured them it was nothing but the wind.  I, too, heard these sounds though.  This place gives me the creeps, I just want to finish gathering this chemical and leave as soon as possible.</Entry>

How it's added is adding the [voice freezeman_RE1.ogg], which would be for you [voice name.ogg] or whatever your .ogg is named.

I'm not using a note page, I'm using a diary page which doesn't have the narration tick on it. diary_paper01.ent is what I'm using. I don't want notes in my Journal (as of yet), I just want it to be a diary page.
05-20-2011, 10:07 PM
Find