Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia & Justine Script Jokes
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: Amnesia & Justine Script Jokes

In 15_prison_south.hps theres a cute little patrol note:
[Image: WbgJE6C.jpg]

EDIT:
found something in the lang

<Entry Name="Note_Test2_Text">This is a damn test![br]Yes I am not kidding![br][br][br]Hmm...[br][br][br]Perhaps I am?[br][new_page][br]This is a new page, that much I am sure of! [br][new_page][br]More in the other test hahaha!</Entry>
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2013, 10:20 PM by WALP.)
04-12-2013, 10:00 PM
Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74

This isn't a script joke just a mapping mistake I think.

When you enter the entrance hall there is a sign that the sun is rising, this is also confirmed in the loading screen text (don't remember the entire message, it's the one with "will this ever end?"). So how can it be night when you're in the archives? Unless it takes a day or half a day to get there. There's the same issue in the back hall. The colour of the windows and lights suggest that it's late or early yet when you enter the guest room it's bright and sunny and when you enter the study it's night.

Does Daniel take a nap when you enter a new map?

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
06-04-2013, 11:30 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(06-04-2013, 11:30 AM)i3670 Wrote: This isn't a script joke just a mapping mistake I think.

When you enter the entrance hall there is a sign that the sun is rising, this is also confirmed in the loading screen text (don't remember the entire message, it's the one with "will this ever end?"). So how can it be night when you're in the archives? Unless it takes a day or half a day to get there. There's the same issue in the back hall. The colour of the windows and lights suggest that it's late or early yet when you enter the guest room it's bright and sunny and when you enter the study it's night.

Does Daniel take a nap when you enter a new map?

Oh yeah, this is an issue. The only one that makes sense that the sun (somehow) only lights up a certain parts of the castle. Maybe because it's so big, the front ones got covered by the shadow of the castle.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
06-04-2013, 01:22 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

In 02_library.hps

Line 518:
    AddDebugMessage("Cutie suitor, get him!", false);

Line 529:
    AddDebugMessage("Suitor big, suitor don't like boxes, suitor eat player as a potato!", false);

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
06-05-2013, 11:36 AM
Find