Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

[SPOILER] What you think about red?
Thaliur Offline

Threads: 4
RE: [SPOILER] What you think about red?

Guest7 Wrote:I am still trying to walk the chemical mixture across the boards without falling-- so I have not seen Red yet.
But... now I know the ending from reading on this forum, and what the player has to do to Red, to complete the game.
EGADS! Sad (why can't he just do it himself, or be already dead)
If you'Re having trouble with the planks bit, I uploaded a savegame for Jeremy-Bailey somewhere on this forum, that will set you right after the jumping part.

Megatron - proving that guns DO kill people since 1984
09-01-2007, 10:22 PM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30

it was more for that other guy, but thanks anyway. I downloaded that too, and only saw it has some txt file. im using linux, so maybe that's why it read it that way. it does have .sav at the end though
09-01-2007, 11:34 PM
Find
Thaliur Offline

Jeremy-Bailey Wrote:it was more for that other guy, but thanks anyway. I downloaded that too, and only saw it has some txt file. im using linux, so maybe that's why it read it that way. it does have .sav at the end though
Oh, just found that thread again. You're right.

Apparently I was confused by sheldondsouza's lack of participation in the thread...

Megatron - proving that guns DO kill people since 1984
09-02-2007, 12:07 AM
Find
Guest7 Offline

Threads: 17

A note said (if I remember right) the person was down there since he was 14ys old. So, it couldn't of been Philips father. I guess I need reminding, who is Red suppose to be?
At the end, I saw 2 figures in the distance. First one, then another came to the first. Then someone knocked Philip on the head. Lights out...to be continued. I don't know who they could be.
Greeters into the world of "The Shelter" ? Smile

A great game, minus the blood parts.
I am going to play it through again and this time concentrate more on the story-line and notes, then how to jump, manuever, etc.
09-02-2007, 01:28 AM
Find
yaji
Unregistered

What about Reds speeking skills ? He was traped in the cave for 30 years. He was alone all the time ( he writed on wall in his room "nobody to speek to" ) so imho even if he was reading all this books all the time, it was impossible to him to speak so fluent. Its not normal. Hell, i think he was some kind of ghost, tortured soul, and he could not rest, until some one set him free.
11-25-2007, 12:13 AM
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

^I don't think the game would have done so well if your only partner talked like a mentally retarded person =/

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
11-25-2007, 01:12 AM
Find
Dogar Offline

Threads: 2

I really hope he's dead. His entire way of talking made it seem like he was trying to act more crazy than he really was.
11-25-2007, 04:06 AM
Find
AdamP Offline

Threads: 3

quite an interesting thread, i have just completed the game, and I throughly enjoyed it, very great story line, some excellent modelling i can admire, awesome voices.. i do have to say however, there is a certain amount of creative licensing taken with the game, and to be expected! you can't analyze to the extent that many here are.. and for safety purposes: dont EVER try to cut power like that at the end, if you are lucky you will only destroy the tool. another example is, if your fuse blows dont just replace it, find out what was pulling to many amps (probably a short) these dont fix themselves, you have to (unless of course you have a crazy man paving the winding path he set for you), im pretty sure none of those chemicals react the way they did, not to mention if a mixture is that apt to combustion, dont put it over a flame. i chose all parts of what i would think are the story for the reason that apparently there was one writer for the story who would have taken most probably a static creative license throughout the game.

A couple things about red..
the hand in the ice from my understanding was a companion of the owner of the blood in the snow and backpack, not red.
am i not following this correctly? or didnt red cut off his tongue early on? He sure spoke well for a tongueless man. (im pretty sure those dont grow back)
(I enjoyed killing him too, i walked in there with my pick axe out ready to take him down Tongue... lol, though the combind screams and final letter did conjure some sympathy for the man)

In the descreptancies i pointed out, im not by any means cutting down the game or the developers, again I thoroughly enjoyed the game, and these things didn't bother me, it is a game, not reality. so please don't analyse this so much O,o
11-25-2007, 09:09 AM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

I'm thinking Red was the only survivor of some akward experiment - and that Philip really did kill him.
That black person in the end and the one who struck you down I'd say are zombies (Or experiments) and have been waiting for the day somone whould come down there. None of them are Red.
That entire ash thing - making a pile is easier than making it spread over the entire room.

AdamP Wrote:A couple things about red..
the hand in the ice from my understanding was a companion of the owner of the blood in the snow and backpack, not red.
am i not following this correctly? or didnt red cut off his tongue early on? He sure spoke well for a tongueless man. (im pretty sure those dont grow back)
Red was as far as anyone know not involved in the lake deal.
Red did not cut off his tounge, it was the guy in the storage room (whispering to you in the very start of the game).

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
01-04-2008, 10:30 PM
Find
Deamonicus Offline

i would say red is his father! Did you listened what he says at the beginning? " its now 30 years since my father disapeared..." (in the intro)
and red says " iam 30 years down here now" (in a radio talk)

i would say its the father, couse you hear so much about him and the time is right!
And so i think red faked his dead somehow.
01-26-2008, 09:16 PM
Find