Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Would I like Silent Hill?
TGST Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Would I like Silent Hill?

(06-09-2011, 11:33 PM)hollowleviathan Wrote: PS2 is the second best console of all time, after the SNES. I suggest finding one, also used and on the cheap, at some point in your life for some great games.

I guess if you get a gamepad for the PC it would be ok to play it on them, but these games really don't work well on the PC, visually or controls-wise.

I am going to digress from the topic a little bit more, and ask, if I supposedly will buy an PS2, what games would you urge me to buy?

And yes, I got a gamepad for the PC, wouldn't really think of playing Silent Hill otherwise.
06-09-2011, 11:46 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

Shadow of the Colossus, Fatal Frame series, Silent Hill series, Resident Evil's PS2 titles, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc...
There are many games which are simply gorgeous still this day on PS2.

I played all of the Silent Hill games (except Origins & Shattered Memories, I had a PSP) on PC with keyboard. I played RE4 with keyboard. Wasn't so hard for me.

One last world. If you didn't understand Silent Hill Origins, you haven't understand about Silent Hill at all. Don't try to flame or I'll burn you.

06-10-2011, 12:50 AM
Website Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

PS2 supports PSX games, too, so there's a massive catalog of amazing games. Psychonauts, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Rez, Ratchet and Clank series, Spyro (I only played the first one) Okami, Metal Gear Solid 1+2, Katamari Damacy, Kingdom Hearts 2, Beyond Good and Evil, Timesplitters 2.
06-10-2011, 02:39 AM
Find
samusaran253 Offline

Threads: 18

The GameCube remake of Resident Evil is the best survival horror game ever, especially for someone new to the genre.

too big in size.
(This post was last modified: 06-10-2011, 02:57 AM by samusaran253.)
06-10-2011, 02:57 AM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

But unfortunately that's not on the PS2 or PC.
06-10-2011, 03:19 AM
Find
Frost Offline

Threads: 8

I second Katamari Damacy as amazing.
Also, if you like rhythm games, I suggest Gitaroo Man. It's kinda difficult, but there's a version that exists for PSP that's easier.
If you like RPGs, then Chrono Cross and Xenogears are pretty good.

Now that I look back, I really haven't played as many games as I thought, especially popular titles... o_o I uh... blame my brother. And being poor. Yeah.
06-10-2011, 02:08 PM
Find