Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Okay I've got to vent here for a sec...
GraphicsKid Offline

Threads: 34
Okay I've got to vent here for a sec...

...but first... has anybody else had trouble with Notepad++?

So I'm working on map 2 in my custom story... map 1 has been pretty much finished and scripted... not polished or anything yet, but it works (or worked... just bear with me here). I'm still working on map 2, but I want to get a little scripting done, so I open up notepad++, it still has lvl_01.hps open, and a file I made with the default script already typed out in it: template.hps. So in explorer I copy the template.hps and rename it as lvl_02.hps. I double click it and get to editing. A few minutes later, I'm done scripting a cool section of the map I just wanted to see. So I start the game, open the level... nothing happens. Hmm... must be a typo or something simple. Open up notepad++... oh you can't be serious... the tab at the top reads "lvl_01.hps" and sure enough... I've somehow managed to save over the 700+ lines of code that made level 1 work... I'M SO MAD NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Angry Angry Angry Angry
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2011, 05:49 AM by GraphicsKid.)
06-13-2011, 05:48 AM
Find
Doctorcheese Offline

Threads: 28
RE: Okay I've got to vent here for a sec...

That sucks big time bro!
Hope you get it sorted out Tongue

''Sick, twisted child... You'll burn for this!''
06-13-2011, 01:19 PM
Find
GraphicsKid Offline

Well it's about as un-sorted as it's getting. Tricky part is just re-programming everything I did before. Dodgy
06-14-2011, 07:39 AM
Find
TFEF Offline

Threads: 0

Oh, I know exactly how you feel. My brother likes to delete files on my computer just to be an asshole. I've learned to save my maps/scripts in two different places because of this.
06-14-2011, 09:48 AM
Find
GraphicsKid Offline

(06-14-2011, 09:48 AM)TFEF Wrote: Oh, I know exactly how you feel. My brother likes to delete files on my computer just to be an asshole. I've learned to save my maps/scripts in two different places because of this.

lol wow! Is he older or younger? Have you tried putting a password on the computer? If you both share the computer, perhaps you should consider investing in an external hard drive to have handy. You can password protect those.Smile
06-14-2011, 07:01 PM
Find