Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Custom Models
laser50 Offline

Threads: 22
Custom Models

How do i use Custom models in my custom story?
And how do i make sure people can see it?

Current Project: [WIP] Lost Memories
Progress: 15%
CLICK FOR MY MODDB PAGE
(This post was last modified: 06-17-2011, 10:21 PM by laser50.)
06-17-2011, 10:20 PM
Find
Mooserider Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Custom Models

It depends on the files you've got.

Option 1:

If you've downloaded a custom model and it has a .ENT then you should be able to just load it in the editor, either by putting it in a new folder in the "Entities" folder or putting it in your custom story's folder, making an entity in the level editor (Doesn't matter which one) and then if I remember correctly there's a "Entity file" part in the entity's properties with a "..." next to it. Click on the "..." and find your entity file. However, if you do the latter your custom entity will go away every time you open the level in the editor. However, if you do the first option, obviously no one else will be able to see your model if you only release your custom story folder. I think that for others to see the entity on their computers you'll have to, before you release your custom story, do the latter option (Put them in your custom story folder and change another entity to them in the editor).

Or, you could probably do the first option and instead of just uploading your custom story folder when you release it upload your entities folder as well.

Sorry if that's a bit hard to follow... tell me if it is.

Option 2:

Now, if you just have the .DAE and .DDS files, you'll have to do something else first. First, open your .DAE file in the Model viewer. I have the default program to open .DAEs in set as the Model viewer.

So now, you should have a .MSH and .MAT in the folder with your original files in it. Now what you have to do is open the Model editor, go to "Import mesh" and choose your .DAE file. Go to the "User defined variables" tab and configure your entity's properties. Finally, just go Save as and save it under the same name as all your other files. Now, just follow option 1 and you should be done!

Really sorry if this doesn't work for you, just writing down what works for me. Tell me if you're having problems and I'll try to help. Good luck with it!

Working on a FC: "Don't Let Go "
06-18-2011, 11:33 AM
Find