Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia enemy ideas
TiberiumSoul Offline

Threads: 1
Amnesia enemy ideas

this is probably a really stupid post but i figure im not the only one that had ideas for enemies that could appear in a later amnesia game if frictional decides to do another one

so far i have this 1 idea:

Light Keeper:

The Light Keeper is a unique Gatherer that has a open skull with cage-like mesh covering the head shining through this mesh is an impossibly strong and bright lantern beam if this beam shines on Daniel the monster will let out a deafening roar and charge at him. The monster also has the Claws of a grunt on its left hand and the blade of a brute replacing its right hand the monster is capable of killing the player in 1 - 3 hits much like with doors.

Evasion:

Evading the Light Keeper is not going to be as easy as evading the grunt or the brute as these guys can see for about 20 feet cause of the light being their source of sight. hiding from them in corners or in darkness is pointless because they will almost always spot you as they're turning around to leave a room hiding inside of wardrobes works to evade them but make sure its closed tight. if even the SLIGHTEST hint of light from this monster gets into the wardrobe you. are. screwed. because it will turn around and smash in the wardrobe doors and maul you. if it comes to running from one you can either A: throw an object at it to shake its gaze off of Daniel or B: put a door between you and the Light Keeper it wont take long for him to break it down (1 - 3 hits) but it will give you time to find something to hide in or stack props up to build a hiding place.

On the run:

in the event that you have to run from a Light Keeper if you are in an area with lots of pillars or other obstacles cut corners as often as you can because this will force the monster to round the corner after you and if your lucky you will lose it because it will no longer be able to "see" you.

well thats my idea tell me what you think guys Smile
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2011, 05:01 AM by TiberiumSoul.)
06-18-2011, 11:45 PM
Find
Brennenburg Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Amnesia enemy ideas

If they do another one it wont be released until a while.

[Image: TRcp2.png]
06-19-2011, 03:35 AM
Find
TiberiumSoul Offline

you have a point but still what is your opinion on my gatherer idea? an enemy that uses light to locate daniel
06-19-2011, 04:22 AM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

There most likely won't ever be an Amnesia again, but that's a fucking cool enemy idea.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
06-19-2011, 04:27 AM
Website Find
Bek Offline

Threads: 4

Pretty interesting idea. When you say "open skull" do you mean just a skull for a head or a skull that has been split open? Trying to imagine how it would look..
06-19-2011, 05:05 AM
Find
Atganos Offline

Threads: 2

I like your ideas Big Grin Also I would like to share you my enemy ideas.

I have actually alot of enemy idea’s from my new expansion idea:

Amnesia: Curse of the Widow (Or Stan's Story)

It takes place in a cave/ laboratory.

So basicly someone has been studying spiders and by accident he managed to mutate the black widow’s venom which causes everyone who gets bitten will change into something else, something more horror. They will change similiar to black widows aswell as a dramatic size increase and a dark skin colour. However humans are unaffected but will mutate horribly instead. 2 years has passed and the cursed widows has spread even further. A guy called Stan is one of the last survivers and has taken an antidoze which makes him permanent immune to the widow’s venom. While he venture deeper into the cave he face more and more horrors trying to find the source and put a end to it before the curse spreads outside the cave.

Enemies:

Mutant:
These humans were onze bitten by the black widow and has turned into a bloodthirsty mutant.
How do they look like?
- There mouth appears to be glued.
- They have sharp claws.
- There skin is dark/bloody.
- They only have 1 eye (which looks similiar as the eyes like Scream).
- They have 1 red glowing eye which can be seen in the distance.
- They sound similiar as suitors but deeper while they cough blood.

These are similiar as grunts as they kill you in 2-3 hits with a speed slightly than yours.

Greater Mutant:
These humans has highly evolved into an even deadlier monster.
How do they look like?
- They have no jaw.
- They have sharper claws than normal mutants.
- There skin is maaron/yellow/bloody.
- They have 2 red glowing eyes which can be seen in the distance.
- They almost have no sound which makes them even harder to spot.

These are similiar as brutes but they kill you in 2 hits (if not badly injured) with a speed greater than yours.

Black Widow:
The Black Widow is the cause of all this corruption and has increased size up to 5 ft. Long.
How do they look like?
- Type google and search for black widow.
- There fangs glow green (Which is probally poison).

They are able to kill you in 2 hits (if not badly injured) but you run slightly faster than the spider. Once bitten your sanity will drop fast after 1 minute which means you will soon be crawling on the floor and if the spider manage to find you... dead. However you do not turn into a mutant since your immune to it. You will suffer it for only 1 minute.

Sorry for my bad english but this is an example how it would look like and I have alot more enemies in my mind. If you want to know then say it. Smile

PS: I know its never gonna happen.
(This post was last modified: 06-19-2011, 10:15 PM by Atganos.)
06-19-2011, 09:53 AM
Find
Doctorcheese Offline

Threads: 28

That sounds like a totally awesome and frightening monster, I can feel it chasing me through the corridors just when I read that! Tongue

A name for an Amnesia sequel could be: ''Amnesia: Overkill''
Daniel is back in the castle, but this time he has an arsenal of deadly weapons to kick some ass with!

Spoiler below!
[Image: 2063trollface.png]

''Sick, twisted child... You'll burn for this!''
(This post was last modified: 06-19-2011, 12:51 PM by Doctorcheese.)
06-19-2011, 12:50 PM
Find
TiberiumSoul Offline

well thanks for all the input guys soon i'll get his concept art up here Smile also the Amnesia: Curse of the Widow sounds like a good idea but here's my idea

Amnesia: The City of Ruin:

After killing Alexander Daniel decides to return home to Mayfair only to find the entire place a destroyed and burning wreck a shadow of its former self. and as he walking he catches a glimpse of something he thought he had escaped forever... The Gatherers are back... the city of ruin would feature The Light Keeper, The Wraith and The Battery as well as Grunts and Brutes Smile

Wraith:

A near skin and bones gatherer that is tall lanky and quite strong as he patrols he lets out load bellowing moans similar to that of the Brute however when he spots you his voice quickly becomes scratchy and high pitched he has only one speed and that's a full blown run they have a nack for appearing exactly when you don't want them to.

The Battery:

this gatherer is inspired by the Marksman of the suffering but they are in no way like them in appearance because instead of having a battery of 5 rifles on their backs they have 2 batteries of 3 rifles that rotate that serve as replacements to their forearms they wear tattered and torn soldiers uniforms that are rugged and stain with blood they're eyes also have been gouged out (by a grunt) redering them blind so really they shoot at anything that makes too much noise.
06-19-2011, 02:50 PM
Find
Doctorcheese Offline

Threads: 28

Didn't like Amnesia: Overkill? xD

''Sick, twisted child... You'll burn for this!''
06-19-2011, 04:50 PM
Find
TiberiumSoul Offline

nope just because of the troll face. besides ive got friend who are making weapon entities for amnesia custom stories so far there's a kitchen knife and a flintlock pistol done SmileXD
06-19-2011, 09:12 PM
Find