Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Download refuses to finish
Aj3067 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Question  Download refuses to finish

I just purchased Amnesia today, and have gone to the "shelf" as it is called to download it, and when i click on the link "Download Win" the dialog box came up with the open/save/cancel, i press Open, and nothing happens. I retry, attempting to save the .zip folder to my desktop, and it works successfully for the slightly rediculous download time of 2 hours... UNTIL, it reaches roughly 60%. Then, it stops downloading and another dialog box appears, stating that Amnesia couldn't finish downloading--the server was reset. Then, i tried again, this time waiting three hours and forty minutes. It works, yet again, until 2 minutes and 56 seconds are remaining. At this point, the error occurs again.

I've scoured the forums for a solution, and have only seen 1 thread, where the only support offered is something along the lines of "You must not have bought it". I can assure you that this isn't the problem, as i just bought it from the FG store.

I'd be really happy if someone could help me with this problem, as i've been waiting quite a while to be able to play this game.

EDIT; After attempting to download again, it works for ~an hour, then the same error occurs.

I don't know what to do at this point.
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2011, 01:08 AM by Aj3067.)
06-24-2011, 12:19 AM
Find
TFEF Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Download refuses to finish

This is pretty strange. What browser are you using? Do you have anybody else on your Internet connection?
06-24-2011, 02:02 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

you should ask Jens for such problems, his profile is this(pm him):

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/user-1.html
06-24-2011, 08:34 AM
Find
Som1Lse Offline

Threads: 9

This might be a case of a bad internet connection.
You could try to use a download manager like FDM.
Link: Here
It might fix the problem.
06-24-2011, 10:50 AM
Website Find