Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help please!
TheDavenia Offline

Threads: 38
Help please!

I got this strange problem...
When i build something in my custom story and save it it does not show up when i play it?
I tried restarting both Hpl2 and Amnesia like 20 times but it does not work...
Help please!

Thanks,
TheDavenia

Current Project: Nightmare's End(Project Director, Scripter, boss >:D)
06-28-2011, 08:10 PM
Find
Kyle Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 36
RE: Help please!

Go to your map folder where your .map and .hps files are and you will see files that you didn't add. There will be .map_cache files that help load the custom story faster by compressing data. Delete it and you shall have no problems until you add something else. It would pop up again and not be visible ingame. Fixing it completely requires for you to set up a Dev Environment, as found on the wiki. Smile

06-28-2011, 08:16 PM
Find
rojkish Offline

Threads: 0

If you've recently updated your amnesia, set ForceCacheLoadingAndSkipSaving="true" to "false" in your main_setting.cfg in "My Documents/Amnesia/Main". (This is if you're having 1.0.1+)
06-28-2011, 08:30 PM
Find
TheDavenia Offline

Threads: 38

(06-28-2011, 08:16 PM)Kyle Wrote: Go to your map folder where your .map and .hps files are and you will see files that you didn't add. There will be .map_cache files that help load the custom story faster by compressing data. Delete it and you shall have no problems until you add something else. It would pop up again and not be visible ingame. Fixing it completely requires for you to set up a Dev Environment, as found on the wiki. Smile

Thanks it shows up now
(06-28-2011, 08:30 PM)rojkish Wrote: If you've recently updated your amnesia, set ForceCacheLoadingAndSkipSaving="true" to "false" in your main_setting.cfg in "My Documents/Amnesia/Main". (This is if you're having 1.0.1+)

Nvm its fixed allready

Current Project: Nightmare's End(Project Director, Scripter, boss >:D)
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2011, 08:55 PM by TheDavenia.)
06-28-2011, 08:55 PM
Find