Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

When will come out the second episode? Your thoughts about it...
Doffy90 Offline

Threads: 10
RE: When will come out the second episode? Your thoughts about it...

No guns please. That would totally ruin the scary atmosphere. However a revolver could be nice IF the ammo was very limited...

--

Back on topic since its named: When will come out the second episode? Your thoughts about it...

I think we will have to wait a while cause now we havent gotten ANY info about Ep2. It would be nice if the creators gave us info about the game, any info at all!

PenumbrA

Pen = Pretty
Bra = Good

Norwegian version. :)
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2007, 01:09 PM by swebarb.)
04-28-2007, 01:05 PM
Find
Somalion Offline

Threads: 11

well the manual back says Q3 2007 so perhaps that means that it'll be introduced in the Q3s in Fall

By some strange twist of fate people around you die violently.
You always see the worst way a person can die.
04-29-2007, 03:26 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

The date in the manual is what we would call "publisher freedom of speech" as it's not a date that we have given I'm afraid, we are aiming for fall but for it to be Q3 we would have to be on a lucky streak!
04-29-2007, 04:11 PM
Website Find
Stolls Offline

Threads: 0

A fall release of episode two would be very awesome, but I'm willing to wait regardless. Overture grabbed my attention in new and exotic ways, and for better or worse I'm in this ride to the end Smile

Just one point on any potential firearms. Ever since the tech demo I was hoping that weapons would be integrated into the engine (which is still unique among games these days), and was pleased to find that this was the case - that is, requiring something more complicated than just clicking a button to attack. Obviously, this isn't a shooter, or even an action game, and so I'd like to see a pistol given similar treatment in the engine: for instance, pressing a button to switch from a firing to a reloading stance and interacting with the weapon in question by manually ejecting an empty clip or, in the case of a revolver, empty shells, then replacing the ammo and having to action the bolt or chamber before firing again. Since Philip has trouble staying hidden when something so much as glances at him, I could see him having some difficulty working a pistol even under the best of circumstances.

But, I can also see the appeal in keeping weapons limited to hand tools and mining gear, so the above is obviously a very big 'if'. The atmosphere is one of the game's biggest strengths, and even by itself it tells the story capably, so I think that's going to be one of the most important parts of episode two as well.
04-29-2007, 09:34 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Nah, I don't like idea of guns. Not at all! They ruin the whole game experience. But more beasts would be nice. Smile

04-29-2007, 09:40 PM
Website Find
banj007 Offline

Threads: 10

Scraper Wrote:Nah, I don't like idea of guns. Not at all! They ruin the whole game experience. But more beasts would be nice. Smile

I agree. More beasts (variety)
04-29-2007, 10:21 PM
Website Find
jo291 Offline

Threads: 43

i never liked the idea of guns but on the other hand a flare gun would be awsome
06-05-2007, 01:38 AM
Find
Eragon Offline

Threads: 8

Don't use guns. It would destroy the game!! If they pot guns, must be a revolver with only 6bullets and bullets are very very very very rare to find!!!!!

Penumbra Overture- Its an EXCELLENT game.
Penumbra Black Plague- is AMAZING!
Penumbra Requiem - ...
06-05-2007, 08:00 AM
Find
Woodyâ„¢ Offline

Threads: 0

NO GUNS! NO GUNS! NO GUNS!

well, some explosives would be nice indeed Big Grin i like the exploding part, the propane canisters, dynamite, some explosives Philip had to make to go further Smile would be nice to get more notes how to make random explosives with items which surrounds him :o would be great puzzle to beat hard enemies and to go through walls Big Grin

[Image: my.php?image=penumbrasigom4.jpg]
06-05-2007, 06:09 PM
Website Find
Eragon Offline

Threads: 8

Woodyâ„¢ Wrote:NO GUNS! NO GUNS! NO GUNS!

well, some explosives would be nice indeed Big Grin i like the exploding part, the propane canisters, dynamite, some explosives Philip had to make to go further Smile would be nice to get more notes how to make random explosives with items which surrounds him :o would be great puzzle to beat hard enemies and to go through walls Big Grin

Exactly!

Penumbra Overture- Its an EXCELLENT game.
Penumbra Black Plague- is AMAZING!
Penumbra Requiem - ...
06-05-2007, 08:50 PM
Find