Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Metal thread \m/
Unearthlybrutal Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 12
RE: So... who listens to death/black/trash/viking/etc. metal

(03-27-2012, 09:12 AM)Leon Kennedy Wrote: Mastodon! Awesome band
Spoiler below!

\m/

When Life No Longer Exists
Full-conversion mod
03-27-2012, 02:22 PM
Website Find
Carrna Offline

Threads: 0

~
04-18-2012, 07:41 AM
Website Find
Unearthlybrutal Offline
Posting Freak

(04-18-2012, 07:41 AM)Carrna Wrote:

Juuri näin! \m/

Full-conversion mod
04-18-2012, 01:50 PM
Website Find
Xanatos Offline

Threads: 5

Made a mix of all the Blackened Angel tracks from DMC4:

If fate frowns, we all perish.
Do not fear the darkness, but welcome its embrace.
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2012, 05:10 PM by Xanatos.)
04-23-2012, 05:10 PM
Find
Zannibal Offline

Threads: 2

Is it bad if I ask you to listen my song Big Grin? I've gave link to like million people and none of them have said anything and most of them didn't even bother to listen to it. So I really have no idea if I'm just making complete bullshit or actually decent music.

Song is here . It's finnish page, but you most likely find the play button Big Grin (at least the thread starter who's finnish if I'm not mistaken..) The song itself is... is... yeah, I don't know? Maybe a bit like black metal with progressive parts and... No idea, but it got some growling and thrash singing.

Any feedback would be nice. There's also folk metal instrumental... I don't have any real genre, my music is a bit mix of all..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But to the topic itself: I do listen some of those genres. Finnish folk metal <3 Finntroll, Ensiferum, Moonsorrow and others <3 I also do like tHrash metal, especially Megadeth. Death metal very little - Hammer Smashed Face is of course awesome. Edge of Sanity's Crimson is also pretty damn good and also Finnish Survivors Zero is cool. Black metal I listen only very little... Just some songs from Cradle of Filth, that's all.
05-05-2012, 05:47 PM
Find
Unearthlybrutal Offline
Posting Freak

(05-05-2012, 05:47 PM)Zannibal Wrote:
Spoiler below!

Is it bad if I ask you to listen my song ? I've gave link to like million people and none of them have said anything and most of them didn't even bother to listen to it. So I really have no idea if I'm just making complete bullshit or actually decent music.

Song is here . It's finnish page, but you most likely find the play button (at least the thread starter who's finnish if I'm not mistaken..) The song itself is... is... yeah, I don't know? Maybe a bit like black metal with progressive parts and... No idea, but it got some growling and thrash singing.

Any feedback would be nice. There's also folk metal instrumental... I don't have any real genre, my music is a bit mix of all..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But to the topic itself: I do listen some of those genres. Finnish folk metal <3 Finntroll, Ensiferum, Moonsorrow and others <3 I also do like tHrash metal, especially Megadeth. Death metal very little - Hammer Smashed Face is of course awesome. Edge of Sanity's Crimson is also pretty damn good and also Finnish Survivors Zero is cool. Black metal I listen only very little... Just some songs from Cradle of Filth, that's all.

\m/ Not bad at all. I think that the song is quite melodic at some points and as I prefer low growls, the high vocals made it less heavier for me. Keep up the good work! \m/ Smile

Myself I've made a couple of songs with my guitars, but I've not recorded anything that serious yet Big Grin

Juu ja Suomesta oon Smile

Full-conversion mod
05-05-2012, 06:24 PM
Website Find
envirovore Offline

Threads: 1

Who else has checked out the new Cattle Decapitation?

How they keep getting progressively better and more insane on every album is beyond me.

alive we threaten everything
05-11-2012, 04:12 PM
Website Find
Unearthlybrutal Offline
Posting Freak

(05-11-2012, 04:12 PM)envirovore Wrote: Who else has checked out the new Cattle Decapitation?

How they keep getting progressively better and more insane on every album is beyond me.
Pretty sweet stuff \m/

Oral Fistfuck is quite similar band too

Full-conversion mod
05-11-2012, 04:46 PM
Website Find
envirovore Offline

Threads: 1

(05-11-2012, 04:46 PM)Unearthlybrutal Wrote:
(05-11-2012, 04:12 PM)envirovore Wrote: Who else has checked out the new Cattle Decapitation?

Pretty sweet stuff \m/

Oral Fistfuck is quite similar band too

That is a brilliant name for a band. We have a local band here that was going to call themselves "Brass Knuckle Fist Fuck", but changed it to "Brass Knuckle Intercourse" so they could at least get shows.

Not quite as chaotic as Cattle Decap, but this is pretty good stuff. I'll be checking these guys out. Thanks!

Edit: Reminds me a lot of a regional band in Minnesota called Nailed Shut.

alive we threaten everything
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2012, 04:51 PM by envirovore.)
05-11-2012, 04:49 PM
Website Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

I'm more into jazz and 20th century classical type stuff (some of it is more brutal than most BDM) but I love some good old school death metal like Demilich, Morbid Angel and Death for example.
05-12-2012, 01:17 PM
Find