Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enemy music
mzx987 Offline

Threads: 3
Enemy music

I was just wondering...

Is there a way to stop the enemy music?

I edited the main "servant_grunt.ent" file, erased the danger, search, and attack music and it worked. But I didn't want to mess with the main one. So I made a copy and put it in the "custom_stories" folder inside my custom story, placed a grunt in the level editor, changed the .ent file of the grunt to the one in the "custom_stories" folder, and it didn't work.

Can anyone help?
07-13-2011, 02:43 PM
Find
DRedshot Offline

Threads: 23
RE: Enemy music

you need to do place your custom "servant_grunt_customised.ent" in the same location as the original file if you want to be able to edit it in the level editor. if you want others to be able to use it you must create a few folders in your custom_story folder ie:

custom_stories/my_story/entities/enemy/servant_grunt/

07-13-2011, 03:02 PM
Find
mzx987 Offline

Threads: 3

It worked.
Because there were 2 things I was missing:

1. The "enemy" folder

and

2. Renaming the custom ".ent" file

Thanks for the help. Big Grin

EDIT: One more thing. Since we are talking about enemy music, can I change the enemy music to something in my "custom_stories" folder?
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2011, 04:15 PM by mzx987.)
07-13-2011, 04:14 PM
Find
DRedshot Offline

Threads: 23

yeah it should work fine, just make sure you name the .ogg file right, and put it in a music folder. - im using custom particles for one of my enemies, it works well, glad to help Smile

07-13-2011, 04:29 PM
Find