Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

*SPOILERS* Can't even get past the first wolf... *SPOILERS*
MistahG Offline

Threads: 1
*SPOILERS* Can't even get past the first wolf... *SPOILERS*

Hiya, i've just played this game and from what i've seen, i really like it.

Spoiler below!
But the thing is, i haven't seen much, as i can't get past the second cave, the one with the first wolf. I run down the cave, i see the first wolf and the wolf sees me, he charges me and i try to hit him with my hammer, i become the wolf's lunch.

I've been trying to jump up on crates to hinder him from eating me, but he jumps up and i become his lunch, again. I've even been trying to stack barrels and rocks upon the highest crate, so i get a stair-like construction two meters above the ground. I taunt the wolf to follow me, and then i run up on the stair, and i drop random barrels and rocks (Which i built the stair of) upon the wolf. The wolf somehow fly up to me and i... Well, you know what happens.

I really want to know what happens next, as the storyline is a great one, but i can't, as the wolf kills me all the time. I've also been trying to run past him, using the crates and barrels as cover, but i come to a dead end and the last thing i hear is someone talking in a radio and the wolf's grinding teeth. There is perhaps a way to go, maybe jump across some crates or some small hole that i can crawl through, but i can't think or search for such thing when the wolf is in pursuing me.

Now, does anyone know what to do to kill/run away from this Invincible beast of tomorrow?

Cheers, MistahG
04-21-2007, 12:25 PM
Find
Thaliur Offline

Threads: 4
RE: *SPOILERS* Can't even get past the first wolf... *SPOILERS*

Sorry, I read your post several times now, and I don't even really understand where you are.

Spoiler below!
If you can hear someone talking via radio you should be way past the first wolf, and what is the "second cave"?
Usually, the first wolf you meet should appear in the first mine area, after you leave one of the adjacent rooms.
I'd suggest sneaking past the wolf, or lowering the difficulty, so you can manage to kill it

Megatron - proving that guns DO kill people since 1984
04-21-2007, 12:45 PM
Find
MistahG Offline

Hmmm, replying seems to give me a 403- error, i'll see if it works now...

Spoiler below!

When you are in the blizzard, and find the hatch, you enter the "First Cave", in the first cave you can find a hammer, steel rod and various rations lying on the shelves. You move a shelf a bit and enter a small cave, you crawl through it and get to another steel hatch. You put the steel rod you found into a thing beside you. you spin the Thing (Complete with rod and all) and the new hatch opens. You get down into the new cave under the hatch, then you enter the "Second Cave".

The second cave has a map, and a wolf from hell.

And i don't seem to be able to sneak up to him and hit him, as he seems to be looking at the way which i come from. But i'm not sure, as everything goes so fast.

*Note* I'm playing the demo, not the full version, but i assume there is no difference in the gameplay?

04-21-2007, 02:01 PM
Find
ighea Offline

Threads: 0

Erm.. the demo ends there.
04-21-2007, 02:08 PM
Find
MistahG Offline

ighea Wrote:Erm.. the demo ends there.

That... Is odd.
Why make a demo that is less than three minutes long?
04-21-2007, 02:48 PM
Find
Warkid1993 Offline

MistahG Wrote:

That... Is odd.

So you can buy it.
04-21-2007, 09:53 PM
Find
naarjtie Offline

Threads: 0

Warkid1993 Wrote:
MistahG Wrote:

That... Is odd.

So you can buy it.

To be fair, it doesn't seem like you've finished the mission at all (because you end up dead) - it seems more like 1) you havn't used the right equipment or 2) you havn't mastered how to attack. I tried loads of times before giving a google search to end up here.

But now that I have ended up here and now that I know that it's not simlpy a case of the game being impossible to master, I would like to buy it. But I'm not sure - as I'd like to try a bit more. What appealed to me was the story line and the sense of detail - from the 50 seconds I played, both were excellent - however, I'm not sure if it will continue throughout the game. Can anyone reassure me?
04-26-2007, 02:52 AM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

It does, don't worry.

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
04-29-2007, 01:58 AM
Find
banj007 Offline

Threads: 10

WindexGlow Wrote:It does, don't worry.

ohhhhhh it does. BUY IT, hell buy two, give one to your friends you won't see each other untill you beaten it, trust me.
04-29-2007, 08:14 PM
Website Find