Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Wiimote Penumbra Script 1.0 BETA
Helter-Skelter Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Wiimote Penumbra Script 1.0 BETA

Well good news is a can get it to connect to my Bluetooth but..........
dont seem to be able to get anything working in the game?
It will connect saying Nintendo RVL-CNT-01 and also says keyboard/mouse/HID service.

I load up the script in the GlovePIE but still no joy?
05-02-2007, 04:55 PM
Find
Grayda Offline

Threads: 1

Helter-Skelter Wrote:Well good news is a can get it to connect to my Bluetooth but..........
It will connect saying Nintendo RVL-CNT-01 and also says keyboard/mouse/HID service.

Trivial question, but have you clicked Run in the IDE? FAiling that, have you looked in the troubleshooting menu at the bluetooth fix? And failing THAT, is your remote actually CONNECTED to the computer? For it to work, it must show a green indicator somewhere in your bluetooth software (ie. in the system tray). The Wii remote is a royal pain when it comes to connecting. Normally the Wii's stack takes care of that and all you have to do is press a button and the remote is connected to the Wii. But in Windows you have to manually connect by playing around with some BT stuff. I find that if I search for services on my Wii remote, and click "Finish" before the lights stops flashing, then it connects and stays connected until I'm out of range or press the power button. HGope that makes sense XD. If not, then I'll try and do a visual walkthrough for you ;D
05-03-2007, 01:01 AM
Find
Helter-Skelter Offline

Grayda Wrote:
Helter-Skelter Wrote:Well good news is a can get it to connect to my Bluetooth but..........

Trivial question, but have you clicked Run in the IDE? FAiling that, have you looked in the troubleshooting menu at the bluetooth fix? And failing THAT, is your remote actually CONNECTED to the computer? For it to work, it must show a green indicator somewhere in your bluetooth software (ie. in the system tray). The Wii remote is a royal pain when it comes to connecting. Normally the Wii's stack takes care of that and all you have to do is press a button and the remote is connected to the Wii. But in Windows you have to manually connect by playing around with some BT stuff. I find that if I search for services on my Wii remote, and click "Finish" before the lights stops flashing, then it connects and stays connected until I'm out of range or press the power button. HGope that makes sense XD. If not, then I'll try and do a visual walkthrough for you ;D

mm yes yes and yes, is there some software other than the windows pre installed software for bluetooth, that i could try?
05-03-2007, 09:05 AM
Find
Grayda Offline

Helter-Skelter Wrote:mm yes yes and yes, is there some software other than the windows pre installed software for bluetooth, that i could try?

Absolutely! I suggest Widdcom or IVT BlueSoleil. Don't know the prices for either (both came free with my various BT dongles XD) but I'm dead certain you can download Widdcom for nothing from various forums and such. Then follow the instructions as stated above and you should be right.

As soon as I reinstall Penumbra demo and tech demo, I'll keep working on this. The full games looks so tempting but I'm strapped for cash until payday XD
05-03-2007, 11:23 AM
Find
DiThi Offline

Are you pressing buttons 1+2 while searching bluetooth?

In windows it's problematic and sometimes it requires other drivers such as bluesoleil ones. In wiili.org there is more information about this.

In linux it's easier to connect the remote, as the program itself finds and connects it, just worry on pressing 1+2. There is no glovePIE in linux yet (there are joysticks emulators and such), I want to do a python-based one.
05-05-2007, 08:00 AM
Find
Helter-Skelter Offline

DiThi Wrote:Are you pressing buttons 1+2 while searching bluetooth?

In windows it's problematic and sometimes it requires other drivers such as bluesoleil ones. In wiili.org there is more information about this.

In linux it's easier to connect the remote, as the program itself finds and connects it, just worry on pressing 1+2. There is no glovePIE in linux yet (there are joysticks emulators and such), I want to do a python-based one.
Yes it's finding it, i need to try some other bluetooth drivers, i have been very busy the last few days and it's 10 O'clock now and i have only just finnished decking my mates garden, still got work tommorow also so i will have to try in the week, i will keep you posted. :]
05-05-2007, 10:31 PM
Find
ziggystardust Offline

The physics and interaction in this game are pretty original and interesting and with the wiimote, the decent history and the very nice engine of this game... It all makes a perfect experience.

Congrats for the first chapter (this is my first message here), you guys should think seriously on a wii release of the chapters of this game. It's the perfect plataform for your idea and It's a GREAT idea and concept.
05-08-2007, 04:57 PM
Find
Grayda Offline

ziggystardust Wrote:The physics and interaction in this game are pretty original and interesting and with the wiimote, the decent history and the very nice engine of this game... It all makes a perfect experience.

Congrats for the first chapter (this is my first message here), you guys should think seriously on a wii release of the chapters of this game. It's the perfect plataform for your idea and It's a GREAT idea and concept.

I've got a sensor bar now, so I'll work on improving the script. I've played Red Alert 2 using the Wii remote, and it is SO much fun. Even moreso when you're issuing voice commands to your units Big Grin.

The Wii would make a great platform, however you have to remember that the Wii isn't as powerful as a PS3, and the SDK (Software Developers Kit) is miiiighty expensive, or maybe not even available to such "third party" developers such as Frictional Games. However if we buy a few copies of Penumbra each and tell your friends, or the Wii is "unlocked" so Linux can be ported to it, then hey presto, we can have Penumbra on the Wii. Personally, the latter is a cheaper and (In my opinion) more fun and a little more possible at this time ;D

But we'll have to see. 2.0 of the script should be coming soon. I've started implimenting the Sensor Bar into the script, and with some value dulling, should be good to go soonish (Don't hold your breath. Work is time consuming Wink)

-G
05-08-2007, 11:43 PM
Find
ziggystardust Offline

Grayda Wrote:and the SDK (Software Developers Kit) is miiiighty expensive, or maybe not even available to such "third party" developers such as Frictional Games.

I know I know, thats why I said ->seriously<- I know is a big jump and a difficult one (and quite far for the team, as well) but It'll be a great chance for FG as wii might not be too powerfull but nowadays is the best plattaform for third-party companies and with a great future on the horizont, including the great goods of the wiimote for your idea of interaction

This is only a suggestion, but if I was on the team I would think SERIOUSLY on this way Smile
05-31-2007, 11:49 AM
Find
Grayda Offline

My Kingdom for some Nintendo Charity Wink

The script has kinda grinded to a halt. I had to format my PC, and since then, have been playing RA2 and Half-Life 2 with the Wii remote. However I have the Nunchuck extension now, so I'll be able to make the script better.

If only Penumbra supported joysticks, then it'd be MUCH easier to make the script via virtual joysticks ;D
05-31-2007, 11:52 PM
Find