Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.57 Average
Work in progress 7 Deadly Sins
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79
RE: 7 Deadly Sins

It has come to my online/offline gaming experience that
90% of people will fall into the water atleast once.
80% will fall 2-3 times.
75% will fall 4-5 times.
50% will fail 6+ times.

So that is why that when you fall into the deep water, you will be instantly teleported to the nearest checkpoint, instead of dieing like a idout and smashing your keyboard against your monitor in frustration.

08-05-2011, 06:28 AM
Find
Tenno Offline

Threads: 0

This looks like its going to be a HUGE custom story, so hyped for this one Big Grin

[Image: 29069he.gif]
08-05-2011, 08:35 AM
Find
zeravia Offline

Threads: 16

I always think my voice is annoying, but other say different. I'd be willing to help if you still need it. ^_^
08-08-2011, 01:28 PM
Website Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Hopefully soon I can buy the Fraps program so I can show off more updates. But Kyle's idea of swimming has always been on our minds. I never thought it was possible, because I'm just new to programming and doing basic stuff is like OMG to me. So when he said he had a functioning underwater, I thought "wow, its possible. I wana do it to!"

So thanks to my dad, we made a fully functioning underwater system. For testing purposes, you will drown in about 10 seconds. The underwater setting ain't perfect, but you will drown. Cool

Also I found that certain entities underwater are actually affected by it! Big Grin

08-11-2011, 12:02 AM
Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

Threads: 34

A few things: I'd actually made an underwater system before but had to room to use it. When you go under, enable environment fog with a heavy blue/black tint. Also, add a Looping timer every 0.1 seconds that adds BodyForce of (0,2500,0) to simulate the lack of gravity underwater.

Creator of Wake, Through the Portal, Insomnia, and Cycles What to do with HPL3....
08-11-2011, 01:43 AM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

DEMO is now out. It may contain some minor errors, mostly leftover junk I haven't bothered to clean out. The .lang may not work sometimes, I really don't know why.

This is a chewed up version of what I have. The maps are not in chronicle order, and are mostly 50% - 99% completed. I have test run it a few times, got rid of most of the bugs and glitches, so it is beat-able. The demo is over when the credits start.

Maps in this DEMO are... (Not in appeareance of DEMO gameplay!)

House (House.map)
//The house is optional, will still be optional at Final version. Their is 1 secret, try to find it without cheating.

Underhalls (Prologue01.map)

Outside (Outside2.map)
//Gah don't hug the trees.

Prison Hub (Prison.map)
//Carefull not to fall off the bridges (holes)

Prison Level 3 (PrisonLevel3.map)
//You can get past the locked prison section door. The .lang doesn't work for me sometimes on this part. So it might be unclear that you could actually get past it at this time.

Wetworks (Sewers.map)
//If you fall off the jumping gauntlet, you will come back to the start. The bridge in this map functions the same as the Cistern map.

Testing (Testing.map)
//Open it up from the dev enviroment or config. Just contains some stuff I plan to incorporate into my other WIP maps.

Don't try to die from the monsters, their are no checkpoints at this time. And don't fall off the bridges while in the Prison map!

Remember this is a DEMO, this is not a polished version. Just something to perk up you guy's interest in this project.

7 Deadly Sins [DEMO] .rar

7 Deadly Sins [DEMO] .zip
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2011, 06:35 AM by Rapture.)
08-13-2011, 06:32 AM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5
RE: 7 Deadly Sins [DEMO] out

OMG! just.. AMAZING demo, looks very promising.
didn"t finished it yet, so it long. and scary element excellent!
especially in " ???House" freaky atmosphere, love it. and no music..
+ new elements ,like Index of roads(choose your way, mortal.) very good.

I think the map is already set up with a great element of fear - a very good chance of success, even without grunts!Smile
08-13-2011, 08:30 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

i must agree, this looks like a very good map! one thing i love about it is how big the areas are, especially when they're in the dark. since your lantern only reveals a certain amount of what's in front of you, you never know if you're about to walk head first into a monster or not. also i think you really understand how to fill up areas well. like for example, the area that you start in is MASSIVE but it never once felt like there was unnecessary space that was left empty. although i did get stuck in the ???house, i think the key you pick up is supposed to open the locked door on the second floor but it doesn't do that. just because i'm curious, does the house puzzle have something to do with the arm? i felt like it was put there for a reason.

also one other question
Spoiler below!
what's the purpose of the trap door under the bed and rug? i found it by accident and searched the whole place, yet i found nothing

Posting Freak
08-13-2011, 09:07 AM
Website Find
badfollower Offline

Threads: 0

Spoiler below!
Yup, that was awesome, very detailed and scarey. The part where you are walking through the forest and the lights come on was pretty cool. When approaching ???house got really scarey with the screamer 0_0 Played it twice since there was no way to get out of the house, which was pretty scarey also; got kinda claustrophobic, kept thinking a grunt was about to bust outa the closet that was locked, also when picking up that key in that ominous bedroom. The best place for me has to be the Cathedral; kinda felt like Indiana Jones with all that jumping and the rocks falling en screen shaking, especially when you pick up the Oil off the pedestal, was jokingly expecting a giant rolling stone to kill me.

The weird thing I saw was the door with the hinges on the wrong side of the door in ???house.
Also how to load that map you said was for testing purposes?
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2011, 02:58 PM by badfollower.)
08-13-2011, 02:46 PM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Spoiler below!
although i did get stuck in the ???house, i think the key you pick up is supposed to open the locked door on the second floor but it doesn't do that. just because i'm curious, does the house puzzle have something to do with the arm? i felt like it was put there for a reason.
The attic is above you, so keep looking "up" on the 2nd floor. The arm is special, it belonged to somebody. Wink

Spoiler below!
what's the purpose of the trap door under the bed and rug? i found it by accident and searched the whole place, yet i found nothing
that was suppose to be a secret. I didn't make it to where you could open it up yet, but it will be implemented later.

08-13-2011, 02:58 PM
Find