Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
The Myth - Demo(extended)
ComBrandon Offline

Threads: 3
The Myth - Demo(extended)

Hi, I'm continuing my work on Amnesia - The Myth. I've added a new level, so its something to look forward to after beating the first one. This is not yet finished so there are only 2 levels, and more "basic" puzzles. I will be making the game progressively harder, and including a much more in depth story. I am going to try and get some professionals to help with this project. As of now, its just me and my spare time. Let me know what y'all think.

There is about 30 minutes of play, give or take 15 minutes depending on how good you are at common-sense puzzles.

There is no real story yet, it is sort of outlined in the notes that you find scattered throughout the level, but the real story is being decided.

I cannot possibly test every scripts function in every way, so I will need people to send me errors as they find them.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=50JFCUE8

Update: I have fixed several flaws in the maps code, and slightly tweaked the map.
Update: I have fixed a few major issues with the map, and tweaked it quite a bit.
Update: New level, the Dining Room. And fixed a few bugs.
Update: Decreased the difficulty of the first level, and fixed a bug with one of the monsters.
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2011, 10:39 PM by ComBrandon.)
07-31-2011, 05:54 AM
Find
Tenno Offline

Threads: 0
RE: The Myth - Demo(extended)

Great story so far, the design of the castle was excellent and the lighting is some of the best I have seen in a custom story. The storyline was interesting and the placement of the first key was unique Tongue

Spoiler below!
A few too many monster appearances at the start, I died three times in the space of about 2 minutes. I couldn't hide either because every monster saw me first and there wasn't enough darkness for stealth.

I really enjoyed exploring your well crafted castle and I hope there is more on the way Big Grin

[Image: 29069he.gif]
07-31-2011, 09:22 AM
Find
RikeuAmeva Offline

Threads: 0

Looks great so far and the notes have me interested... however,

Spoiler below!
I can't seem to progress at all. I've found the two keys but neither will open the dining room door "There is no keyhole" and neither will work with the door in the room with the large staircase. Also in that room if I go over to the bookcase in the corner, Daniel will talk to himself, and I feel like those a clues but I can't seem to figure it out =p

All in all it seems to be a very well done story, the level design is great and I agree with Tenno, excellent lighting Big Grin
07-31-2011, 01:30 PM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5

Spoiler below!
found dengeon key, so now its useless, all doors closed.
where are others keys?

hmm, i have a strange feeling, that this story i saw earlier here, long time ago.
or maybe i mistaken...
07-31-2011, 08:21 PM
Find
ComBrandon Offline

Threads: 3

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Dark Knight, I posted a previous version of this some time ago, so yeah Smile

It seems as though there are two things that people keep mentioning to me,
1. There are too many monsters.
2. People are having a hard time figuring out what to do with the key.

I am going to be working on this as best I can, thanks again for the helpful feedback.

I am very sorry about the dungeon key appearing to be useless, it is going to be implemented into a later level, along with the glass jar in the dining hall, so don't bother yourselves looking for those.

Spoiler below!
For those of you having trouble progressing through the first area, you will need to use the small key found on top of the large picture in the lobby to unlock the locked desk compartment near the cellar. To get to the cellar, there is a lever behind a sofa in the room with the tall staircase, it will unlock the door underneath the stairs. I will try to make this a bit more obvious in later versions, because it is quite hard for a first level.

07-31-2011, 09:12 PM
Find