Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Scripting Help
JenniferButterfly94 Away

Threads: 1
Scripting Help

Oops, I think I posted this in the wrong forum earlier! Anyways:

Hi guys! I've been trying to mess around with this HPL2 Level Editor to make my own custom story, but I'm having some trouble. I know how to create .map files with the Level Editor and such, but I'm clueless as to which program I need for scripting. I have Notepad++... Do I use this and save the file in a specific place within the custom story folder?

As of now I'd really like to know how to make the player begin a level sideways on the floor, dazed and blacking out (I'm sure you've seen this in other custom stories, just like the Justine DLC), then come to his feet to begin the story. Ugh I'm bad with this stuff

Anyways thanks in advance!
08-06-2011, 06:13 PM
Find
MrCookieh Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Scripting Help

Create a .hps file with your notepad++.
(Just rename it, remove the .txt and put a .hps behind your filename)
Be sure, that the hps has the same name like your map, and is in the same folder!

You can search in this forum for such starting stuff. There have been many requests like these Wink

The Well: Descent - Take a look at it!
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2011, 06:58 PM by MrCookieh.)
08-06-2011, 06:57 PM
Find
JenniferButterfly94 Away

(08-06-2011, 06:57 PM)MrCookieh Wrote: Create a .hps file with your notepad++.
(Just rename it, remove the .txt and put a .hps behind your filename)
Be sure, that the hps has the same name like your map, and is in the same folder!

You can search in this forum for such starting stuff. There have been many requests like these Wink

Thanks, I'll look around!
08-06-2011, 09:54 PM
Find
JenniferButterfly94 Away

Placing things around the map is easy enough, but man, I am awful with this scripting language. How long does it usually take to get a hang of this stuff?
08-07-2011, 12:06 AM
Find