Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Texturing Problems =(
Endlvl Offline

Threads: 4
Texturing Problems =(

I need help. Created a model and exported using open collada and maya 2011, the model is triangulated and works fine but for some reason the texture is not lining up (its a mat file using .png binary size and all) the uvs were set up and worked ine in maya but for some reason the entire texture is out of place and repeated on the bottom of the model. Is it the height map? (i tried both 1 and the standard .1 i think)

PS. i also lack a msh file thatas a mesh file right? do i need that or y dnt i have it after export? other files are .dae .png and .mat what am i doing wrong? http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/ima...es/huh.gif
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2011, 08:08 PM by Endlvl.)
08-08-2011, 03:08 AM
Find
DRedshot Offline

Threads: 23
RE: Texturing Problems =(

you dont get the msh file 'till after exporting, open it in modelview it should give you a .mat file and a .msh file.
i doubt it's the heightmap, is the texture just shifted to the left/right slightly, or is it shrunk down in size?

(This post was last modified: 08-08-2011, 10:33 AM by DRedshot.)
08-08-2011, 10:23 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

Length is 1 meter, correct?

08-08-2011, 10:36 AM
Website Find
Phoroneus Offline

Threads: 12

I've got a problem along these lines. When exporting a test (just a 1-meter-square cube) with a square 512x512 .dds texture, the model renders properly except that no texture is applied (instead taking on the ground texture, or an arbitrary pink texture with a partial toolbar if I turn off the ground). The log file states that:
Creating material file: 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/amnesia the dark descent/blender/Rubber0044_2_S.mat'
No file for 'Diffuse' texture type found
No file for 'NMap' texture type found
No file for 'Specular' texture type found
No file for 'Alpha' texture type found
No file for 'Height' texture type found
No file for 'Illumination' texture type found
No file for 'CubeMap' texture type found
No file for 'DissolveAlpha' texture type found
No file for 'CubeMapAlpha' texture type found
No file for '' texture type found
This appears to be the only area with errors. I understand what it's telling me, I just don't understand how I'm supposed to fix it, given the so-called "texture types" are a function of Blender.

[Image: at_9365860.png]

Follow Harvest.
08-09-2011, 01:00 AM
Find
Endlvl Offline

I'm retarded lol I forgot to change the settings to meters from another project thanks tanshaydar =D will try when I get home

And for ur error it seems the program is looking for files that arw not their can u confirm that the object's mat has only diffuse checked in the checkbox as well as an image file selected on the bottom of the material editor?
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2011, 02:16 AM by Endlvl.)
08-09-2011, 02:13 AM
Find
Phoroneus Offline

Threads: 12

(08-09-2011, 02:13 AM)Endlvl Wrote: I'm retarded lol I forgot to change the settings to meters from another project thanks tanshaydar =D will try when I get home

And for ur error it seems the program is looking for files that arw not their can u confirm that the object's mat has only diffuse checked in the checkbox as well as an image file selected on the bottom of the material editor?
You, sir, get a cookie. This was exactly the problem.

Thank you! Smile

[Image: at_9365860.png]

Follow Harvest.
08-09-2011, 02:58 AM
Find
Endlvl Offline

Texturing Problems =(

NP Big Grin I think this is solved but now i have a problem where there are invisible files will put that in new thread
08-09-2011, 07:56 PM
Find