Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
A Story of Death
Oddity007 Offline

Threads: 1
RE: A Story of Death

Set up a moddb page: http://www.moddb.com/mods/a-story-of-death

Meanwhile, I found a nonrenderable collision object in entities->technical (block_box), so that helped. Also, I figured out that the item falling through the drawers is likely just the physics resolution ingame becoming a problem with there being multiple touching objects when someone opens the drawer fast enough. To 'fix', I moved everything out of the drawers. Pretty straightforward, hehe. I haven't uploaded the changes yet though, I still want to add labeling to the keys/doors.
08-10-2011, 03:52 PM
Find
Tenno Offline

Threads: 0

Not much in the way of scares as you stated but the level design was quite good and I enjoyed playing through it.

I hope to see more from you Smile

[Image: 29069he.gif]
08-11-2011, 08:11 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

it took me like three minutes to gain the courage to open that door Tongue i was like "ok just go slow and you can sneak by" *opens a door a crack, hear's at least 10 grunts 'notices you' sound* NOPE *runs and hides in corner* and then i found out there was never any threat at all and i face palmed... anyways i really liked the feel to the map, it felt like you really understood how to make open areas that flowed well and didn't feel to empty or too crowded. one thing that needs fixing though is on both of the kinda caved in areas it was extremely easy to glitch up the map and climb them which was confusing since at the start it says "follow the lighted path" and there was a massive light at the top of the area with all the wooden beams / i was just being stupid. haha but also in the one outdoors area near the end with all the rocks, how come there were 2 houses behind the wall (yes i managed to get up there too)? i thought there would be some easter egg but i could never manage to hop onto them without slipping.

Posting Freak
08-11-2011, 09:36 AM
Website Find
Oddity007 Offline

Threads: 1

Fixed as many bugs as I could find, and added a labeling to the doors and keys that need it. I still avoided labeling the doors with what they lead to since it wouldn't make much sense given the story, but I let the player know if the door needs a key or not, and I give a hint regarding what the key goes to.

Let me know if there are any more bugs...
Link 1.1 (1.3 MB)
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2011, 01:39 AM by Oddity007.)
08-14-2011, 01:38 AM
Find