Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.17 Average
Work in progress Harvest (Prologue Part I Released)
Phoroneus Offline

Threads: 12
Harvest (Prologue Part I Released)

Release List:
Prologue: (Final full release by 1 November, 2011)
Part I: http://www.mediafire.com/?60imonkoak1a7rf
Part II: (Expected 20 September, 2011)
Part III: (Expected 25 October, 2011)
Harvest: (Final full release by 1 February, 2012)
Chapter One: (Expected 20 December, 2011)
Chapter Two: (Expected 24 January, 2012)

I had a post on the general section of this forum, but this is probably a more appropriate place for it.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/harvest
Harvest is a custom story for Amnesia: The Dark Descent, which places you in the shoes of Liam Connolly, a journalist for the Irish Record. Following a tip from the lead detective on a case he's been covering, Liam travels to a restored castle estate in County Kilkenny in hopes of breaking the story as it unfolds.

Demo number one will be released here and on ModDB, probably before the first of September (depending on whether I expand the demo any, since it's fairly short right now).

[Image: at_9365860.png]

Follow Harvest.
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2011, 01:11 PM by Phoroneus.)
08-09-2011, 08:01 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
RE: Harvest (Working Title)

More than one demos? I couldn't quite get that.
Though, I liked your custom models. Would want to see them in action.

08-09-2011, 09:25 PM
Website Find
Dizturbed Offline

Threads: 39

Do not release demo's please.

08-09-2011, 09:27 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

I understand why people don't like demos, but if someones commited enough to make a full story I don't see what's wrong with it. It also gives you an idea of what the rest of the game will be like and something to look forward to. Anyways i'll play this when it comes out, seems interesting. Oh and btw i've been to kilkenny Big Grin

Posting Freak
08-09-2011, 11:47 PM
Website Find
Phoroneus Offline

(08-09-2011, 09:25 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: More than one demos? I couldn't quite get that.
Though, I liked your custom models. Would want to see them in action.
(08-09-2011, 09:27 PM)Dizturbed Wrote: Do not release demo's please.

I'll answer both of you at once. The demos aren't part of the full story, they're separate but related plotlines that set up some backstory for the main plot. I've only mapped one of them so far, with two others written up whenever I need a break from modeling. Sort of in the way that movies release multiple trailers, I'm taking the same approach with the demos (except the demos don't give away all the good parts of the story the way movie trailers do).

(08-09-2011, 11:47 PM)kman Wrote: I understand why people don't like demos, but if someones commited enough to make a full story I don't see what's wrong with it. It also gives you an idea of what the rest of the game will be like and something to look forward to. Anyways i'll play this when it comes out, seems interesting. Oh and btw i've been to kilkenny Big Grin

I agree with people who don't like demos because the finished product never gets completed, and people who don't like demos because they ruin the beginning of the story. I've mostly avoided both of these problems with the demos I have planned. They take place at the same general location as the main story (well, the first one does, anyway) but at different time periods, beginning in the recent past and working backward. The changes to the setting will be obvious to most players.

Also, most of what you see in the demos won't make any sense until you've played through the story, but they're there to give people a feel for what the finished product should be like, and for something to break the tedium of bashing my head against the wall of modeling issues I've been having lately (over a dozen models made up in Blender and only one of them is functioning in-game right now, because it was based on a standard Amnesia model and somehow that allowed it to function - which is a good thing, because it's a considerably important part of the first demo map).

Before final release, the demos will all be designed to interact with one another, so that playing through the first one will take you to the second, which will take you to the third, and so on. I suppose it's more like releasing episodes or chapters than demos or trailers, really, but the whole thing is just a set-up for the main plot.

Follow Harvest.
08-10-2011, 12:12 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

Then they are not demos, they are prequels or side stories; expansions of not yet released game. They're prologue chapters.

(This post was last modified: 08-10-2011, 01:04 AM by Tanshaydar.)
08-10-2011, 01:02 AM
Website Find
Tenno Offline

Threads: 0

Sounds interesting, can't really decipher much from the screens on Moddb so I hope you post more Tongue

Anyway, good luck Smile

[Image: 29069he.gif]
08-10-2011, 07:28 AM
Find
Stanton Offline

Threads: 0

it looks perfect!!! cant wait!!!
08-10-2011, 09:54 PM
Find
Phoroneus Offline

(08-10-2011, 07:28 AM)Tenno Wrote: Sounds interesting, can't really decipher much from the screens on Moddb so I hope you post more Tongue

Anyway, good luck Smile

I'm hoping to get some screens up of the main story, but the first map of that is still in production. It's got a ton of unusual architecture, it's outside, and it's based on a real place so I need to get it somewhat right (though I did take some creative license with it). All that translates into a hell of a lot of work, unfortunately. That's to say nothing of the scripts that will be needed to make it run.

Follow Harvest.
08-11-2011, 02:56 PM
Find
Phoroneus Offline

Uploaded the first gameplay preview video to ModDB. Here's the Youtube link for those interested but who don't want to sit through the 30 second ad at the start:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QriVv-Vroko

Follow Harvest.
08-13-2011, 08:52 PM
Find