Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

An idea i havent seen done...
petphot Offline

Threads: 1
An idea i havent seen done...

An enemy that follows you staying roughly 2 meters behind you that will not attack unless you acknowledge his existence through either A) Running or B) looking back.

The only way to lose him would be to calmly find map out the area in your head, find an area with a door and a quick escape (with preferably more doors to close behind you) and quickly slam the door(s) behind you and run like hell so you lose him before he breaks the door(s) since he would be faster then you of course.

Imagine how scary that would be in an atmospheric game and immersive game like amnesia. You know he is right behind you since you can hear him, you know he is stalking you like a predator and that you cant fight back, but you cant look or even run because that will just get you killed.

Of course the monster would need a distinctly unique (yet still scary) sound that lets you identify it from other monsters. scary/tense music could also start playing to let you know your in deep shit (sorta like the insanely creepy singing girl portions of this this) just it would need to be rather quiet so you can still hear the scary sounds the monster stalking you is making.

I know i would shat bricks.

Also: has any game done this kinda thing before? I cant remember any.
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2011, 04:25 PM by petphot.)
08-16-2011, 04:24 PM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
RE: An idea i havent seen done...

This might interest you.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
08-16-2011, 06:35 PM
Website Find
BendyBread Offline

Threads: 2

Basically its the oppossite of a weeping angel. Never look at it, rather than never look away. Big Grin
08-17-2011, 09:43 AM
Find
Phoroneus Offline

Threads: 12

(08-16-2011, 04:24 PM)petphot Wrote: An enemy that follows you staying roughly 2 meters behind you that will not attack unless you acknowledge his existence through either A) Running or B) looking back.

The only way to lose him would be to calmly find map out the area in your head, find an area with a door and a quick escape (with preferably more doors to close behind you) and quickly slam the door(s) behind you and run like hell so you lose him before he breaks the door(s) since he would be faster then you of course.

Imagine how scary that would be in an atmospheric game and immersive game like amnesia. You know he is right behind you since you can hear him, you know he is stalking you like a predator and that you cant fight back, but you cant look or even run because that will just get you killed.

Of course the monster would need a distinctly unique (yet still scary) sound that lets you identify it from other monsters. scary/tense music could also start playing to let you know your in deep shit (sorta like the insanely creepy singing girl portions of this this) just it would need to be rather quiet so you can still hear the scary sounds the monster stalking you is making.

I know i would shat bricks.

Also: has any game done this kinda thing before? I cant remember any.

See Endermen in Minecraft, before they go hostile. They won't attack you until you look at them (they don't follow you if you run away without looking though). Once you do, they become weeping angels (basically) which only move while you're not looking directly at them.

[Image: at_9365860.png]

Follow Harvest.
08-18-2011, 02:43 AM
Find
Rainbowmode Offline

Threads: 0

(08-16-2011, 04:24 PM)petphot Wrote: An enemy that follows you staying roughly 2 meters behind you that will not attack unless you acknowledge his existence through either A) Running or B) looking back.

I think that's a great idea. Could see it being implemented in a similar way to the whole water monster area.
08-19-2011, 05:19 PM
Find