Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Which of the following phobias do you most sympathize with (or which do you have)? This is a multiple-selection question, feel free to select all that apply.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Acrophobia (fear of heights)
21.05%
16 21.05%
Arachnophobia (fear of spiders)
14.47%
11 14.47%
Chaetophobia (fear of hair)
2.63%
2 2.63%
Claustrophobia (fear of confined spaces)
22.37%
17 22.37%
Dysmorphophobia (fear of deformity)
10.53%
8 10.53%
Iatrophobia (fear of doctors)
1.32%
1 1.32%
Necrophobia (fear of death or dead things)
6.58%
5 6.58%
Nyctophobia (fear of the dark or of night)
14.47%
11 14.47%
Virginitiphobia (fear of rape)
5.26%
4 5.26%
Zoophobia (fear of animals)
1.32%
1 1.32%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Pho's Phobias
Fomzo Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Pho's Phobias

(08-18-2011, 02:01 PM)Need4Power Wrote: Hmm..I guess i'm afraid of spiders (well,actually a LOT! XD,if i see one at my room,i can't sleep all night,because i still think there might be more,and it takes a lot of hours until i calm down,and i keep a distance of at least 2 meters of it XDDD),and maybe i have some fear of deformity,such a things really terrifying me.

But,i don't afraid of darkness or the night.
actually,those both things can make me feel really calm,i love the chilly nights and the darkness,it just make me somehow feel safe and at ease Smile

That's my mateBig Grin
BTW I also used to be afraid of spiders especially after a certain incident which involved big, hairy creature speeding up my quilt while I was about to fall asleep, but then, in google, I saw a cool image of huge white tarantula. I liked it so much that this um............arachnophobia just vanished.Big Grin
Fear of doctors made me laughBig Grin I'm about to become one.
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2011, 02:56 PM by Fomzo.)
08-18-2011, 02:47 PM
Find
Need4Power Offline

Threads: 1

(08-18-2011, 02:47 PM)Fomzo Wrote:
(08-18-2011, 02:01 PM)Need4Power Wrote: Hmm..I guess i'm afraid of spiders (well,actually a LOT! XD,if i see one at my room,i can't sleep all night,because i still think there might be more,and it takes a lot of hours until i calm down,and i keep a distance of at least 2 meters of it XDDD),and maybe i have some fear of deformity,such a things really terrifying me.

actually,those both things can make me feel really calm,i love the chilly nights and the darkness,it just make me somehow feel safe and at ease Smile

That's my mateBig Grin
BTW I also used to be afraid of spiders especially after a certain incident which involved big, hairy creature speeding up my quilt while I was about to fall asleep, but then, in google, I saw a cool image of huge white tarantula. I liked it so much that this um............arachnophobia just vanished.Big Grin

LOL,so maybe you show me this white tarantula image too XD
but there is something like 80% percent that this picture will make me some really terrifying nightmares tonight XDD

08-18-2011, 04:56 PM
Find
Fomzo Offline

(08-18-2011, 04:56 PM)Need4Power Wrote:

That's my mateBig Grin

but there is something like 80% percent that this picture will make me some really terrifying nightmares tonight XDD
Type "heteroscodra maculata" into google graphics.
08-18-2011, 07:08 PM
Find
Frost Offline

Threads: 8

Fomzo: I'd never thought I'd think of a tarantula as beautiful... o_o

On topic: For some reason, I freak out (more than a normal person would, I think) whenever there are flying insects. Besides butterflies, dragonflies, and moths. I hate having flies and the like touch me. I remember having a nightmare when I was a kid where a single fly was crawling up my arm. If I'm outside for a minute and there are insects flying around, as soon as I go inside again it feels like my skin is crawling, even though I'm safe.
Not sure if this is a phobia I have or just a huge annoyance with flying insects.
08-18-2011, 08:30 PM
Find
Fomzo Offline

(08-18-2011, 08:30 PM)Frost Wrote: Fomzo: I'd never thought I'd think of a tarantula as beautiful... o_o
Me too, but this one is pretty prettyBig Grin

.jpg   0412_h_maculata.jpg (Size: 69.91 KB / Downloads: 136)
08-18-2011, 08:38 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(08-18-2011, 08:30 PM)Frost Wrote: Fomzo: I'd never thought I'd think of a tarantula as beautiful... o_o

On topic: For some reason, I freak out (more than a normal person would, I think) whenever there are flying insects. Besides butterflies, dragonflies, and moths. I hate having flies and the like touch me. I remember having a nightmare when I was a kid where a single fly was crawling up my arm. If I'm outside for a minute and there are insects flying around, as soon as I go inside again it feels like my skin is crawling, even though I'm safe.
Not sure if this is a phobia I have or just a huge annoyance with flying insects.

That must have really sucked for you in amnesia when your sanitys low enough that you start seeing flys crawling all over your face...

Posting Freak
08-18-2011, 09:33 PM
Website Find
Phoroneus Offline

Threads: 12

So far it looks like heights, enclosed spaces, spiders, and the dark are winning.

And of course, fear of very deep water.

This is more or less what I'd hoped for. I'm still waiting until next week to close the poll, though, so send in any of your horror-gaming friends who might give their input.

[Image: at_9365860.png]

Follow Harvest.
08-19-2011, 06:14 AM
Find
Need4Power Offline

Threads: 1

(08-18-2011, 07:08 PM)Fomzo Wrote:
(08-18-2011, 04:56 PM)Need4Power Wrote:

That's my mateBig Grin

Type "heteroscodra maculata" into google graphics.

I gotta agree this tarantula really is beautiful.
still look scary to me though 0_0

08-19-2011, 05:21 PM
Find
Fomzo Offline

(08-19-2011, 05:21 PM)Need4Power Wrote: I gotta agree this tarantula really is beautiful.
still look scary to me though 0_0
Try some more images of this one and watch some YT videos. Heteroscodra maculata is a jump master Big Grin
Get used to the "spiderity" and your phobia will pass away, as did mine.
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2011, 07:47 PM by Fomzo.)
08-19-2011, 07:46 PM
Find
Rigi Offline

Threads: 2

Claustrophobia. I don't care how sneaky I have to be, there is no way you're getting me to crawl through that air vent.
08-20-2011, 02:56 AM
Find