Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
enemy and pathnode
good871 Offline

Threads: 10
enemy and pathnode

Hi, I have question.

In my costume story I have a monster, it can be anywhere in map, but after some time I want get it to one select pathnode.

So how to do? Timer and this stuff I can do, it's working, but Monster don't go to pathnode(which I create in map). I use script

void AddEnemyPatrolNode(string& asName, string& asNodeName, float afWaitTime, string& asAnimation);

Where I make a mistake?
08-22-2011, 10:00 AM
Find
Elven Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37
RE: enemy and pathnode

You need correct values for start! First of all you need condition to make it start. Best condition is that moment when you make it spawn itself. Else... Let's say you create area where he goes and when he goes area then u activate it. You put exactly same thing what you said up there, just change the values.

string& asName - put name of your monster there. For example "grunt1"
string& asNodeName - name of node u want it to go. I use the original names, but if you want you can put special name, like "path1".
float afWaitTime - how long you want your monster to wait at that point where u sent him. Since u want him to stop there for some time, then you can put like 10 seconds
string& asAnimation - animation what you want to use. You can use "", meaning no animation is needed.

And it is done. Now just add the order u want it to go. He goes into upper one first, then to secondary place.

I am sorry if I didn't answer you question, you can easily specify in what you problem might have Smile

The Interrogation
Chapter 1

My tutorials
08-22-2011, 10:28 AM
Find