Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
major graphics problem - bright lights get burned onto nearby textures
giorov
Unregistered

Not Solved Sad  major graphics problem - bright lights get burned onto nearby textures
The worst its been is at Delta station where bright lights get traced and make it nearly impossible to play almost if I look at the light too much it kust paints the bright light all over all nearby surfaces. I'm using a Radeon Vega 56 and Ryzen 2700x. Frictional gmaes hav always had problems with AMD graphics so I think it's relating to that. Like others have reported, loading a previous save ina nother area and then coming back resets the bug. Burt as soon as you look again in imprints the tracers onto any savegame in that area.

SO WEIRD!

Huh

I think the peopel working on the engine for future games oughtto figure this out and patc hthe problem/ it affects a few users and will be a problem in the future if not addressed. While you are at it fix it in this game!
07-05-2019, 11:18 AM
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
Not Solved RE: major graphics problem - bright lights get burned onto nearby textures
Could you supply some screenshots or a video regarding your issue? It's hard to visualise it without seeing exactly what you're referring to, especially if this issue applies to only a select few players.

Best advice I can offer otherwise is to check for any updates to your Graphics Drivers and to also look at Problem A4 of the Troubleshooting Guide to see if any of the programs listed are interfering with the game's settings.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
07-05-2019, 01:36 PM
Find
Unregistered

Not Solved RE: major graphics problem - bright lights get burned onto nearby textures
ok. for some reason the screenshot I took last night didn't get made so I'll get to that soon and will disable all the known programs
07-05-2019, 10:24 PM
giorov Offline

Threads: 0
(07-05-2019, 01:36 PM)Romulator Wrote: Could you supply some screenshots or a video regarding your issue? It's hard to visualise it without seeing exactly what you're referring to, especially if this issue applies to only a select few players.

Best advice I can offer otherwise is to check for any updates to your Graphics Drivers and to also look at Problem A4 of the Troubleshooting Guide to see if any of the programs listed are interfering with the game's settings.

Well, I disabled steam overlay and closed origin and now it's not happening so I can;t show you what the bug is like. I can show you the kind of lights that caused it... or I could  try re-enabling the overlay to reproduce it if you wanted to analyze the issue.

Thanks for suggesting A4. I thought it would only help with crashes. (I have pretty recent drivers on my card btw)
07-05-2019, 10:39 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
(07-05-2019, 10:39 PM)giorov Wrote: Well, I disabled steam overlay and closed origin and now it's not happening so I can;t show you what the bug is like. I can show you the kind of lights that caused it... or I could  try re-enabling the overlay to reproduce it if you wanted to analyze the issue.

Thanks for suggesting A4. I thought it would only help with crashes. (I have pretty recent drivers on my card btw)

Since the issue isn't actually replicating itself then it doesn't really matter otherwise so long as it doesn't continue to pop up. We can recommend A4, or specifically disabling the Steam Overlay and/or Origin should this issue come up again!

Additionally, if the graphical errors are being caused by one of those programs running in the background, then it is because they are interfering with the game, not the game itself, and thus becomes a bit harder to fix.

Regardless, provided you are okay going without, then the matter is solved for now. Smile Hope you enjoy the rest of the game!

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
07-07-2019, 11:56 AM
Find
giorov Offline

Threads: 0
(07-07-2019, 11:56 AM)Romulator Wrote:
(07-05-2019, 10:39 PM)giorov Wrote: Well, I disabled steam overlay and closed origin and now it's not happening so I can;t show you what the bug is like. I can show you the kind of lights that caused it... or I could  try re-enabling the overlay to reproduce it if you wanted to analyze the issue.

Since the issue isn't actually replicating itself then it doesn't really matter otherwise so long as it doesn't continue to pop up. We can recommend A4, or specifically disabling the Steam Overlay and/or Origin should this issue come up again!

Additionally, if the graphical errors are being caused by one of those programs running in the background, then it is because they are interfering with the game, not the game itself, and thus becomes a bit harder to fix.

Regardless, provided you are okay going without, then the matter is solved for now. Smile Hope you enjoy the rest of the game!

Alright! Definitely Steam overlay. I can leave Origin running and it's not interfering (maybe it's suggested because people can buy soma on the origin platform?)
07-11-2019, 08:49 AM
Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.