Frictional Games Forum (read-only)
Custom Story made by the whole community. - Printable Version

+- Frictional Games Forum (read-only) (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Amnesia: The Dark Descent (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Custom Stories, TCs & Mods - Development (https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: Custom Story made by the whole community. (/thread-20595.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Custom Story made by the whole community. - No Author - 03-04-2013

(03-04-2013, 01:26 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
(03-04-2013, 10:59 AM)Kman Wrote: How would making it a full conversion make it suddenly a good idea
Full Conversion gives you a custom lantern, assets and more.

I don't see what the big deal is. It's just gonna be the same.

RE: Custom Story made by the whole community. - Kman - 03-04-2013

How is a lantern and maybe a new main menu going to improve the story, scares, level design, or really anything else in it other than throwing in a few unecassry gimmicks in to make it look flashy? See, that's why I hate this mentality of full conversions = better by default, because 95% of the time the things they add don't even benefit the story as a whole and are just thrown on at the end because the creator think it'll make their story look new and interesting, IE a gimmick.

RE: Custom Story made by the whole community. - PutraenusAlivius - 03-04-2013

(03-04-2013, 04:01 PM)Kman Wrote: How is a lantern and maybe a new main menu going to improve the story, scares, level design, or really anything else in it other than throwing in a few unecassry gimmicks in to make it look flashy? See, that's why I hate this mentality of full conversions = better by default, because 95% of the time the things they add don't even benefit the story as a whole and are just thrown on at the end because the creator think it'll make their story look new and interesting, IE a gimmick.

I give myself;
Triple EPIC FACEPALMS.
[Image: 714-epic-facepalm.jpg]

My hand is now at Saturn.

RE: Custom Story made by the whole community. - jiersk - 03-04-2013

(03-04-2013, 04:02 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
(03-04-2013, 04:01 PM)Kman Wrote: How is a lantern and maybe a new main menu going to improve the story, scares, level design, or really anything else in it other than throwing in a few unecassry gimmicks in to make it look flashy? See, that's why I hate this mentality of full conversions = better by default, because 95% of the time the things they add don't even benefit the story as a whole and are just thrown on at the end because the creator think it'll make their story look new and interesting, IE a gimmick.

I give myself;
Triple EPIC FACEPALMS.

My hand is now at Saturn.

Please explain your facepalming.

RE: Custom Story made by the whole community. - Kman - 03-04-2013

Or you could completely ignore the entire point I was making and instead of actually giving a logical counter argument to support your idea basically just going "lol ur dum" yeah that's cool too I guess

RE: Custom Story made by the whole community. - Tiger - 03-04-2013

Kman has a point.

RE: Custom Story made by the whole community. - jiersk - 03-04-2013

I agree. Kman has a point.

RE: Custom Story made by the whole community. - Kreekakon - 03-04-2013

I dunno, one could also interpreting JustAnotherPlayer's facepalming as facepalming at himself. That's where my mind went the first time I saw the post at least.

RE: Custom Story made by the whole community. - triadtimes - 03-04-2013

Most indubitably. I agree. Kman has a point.

RE: Custom Story made by the whole community. - Adny - 03-04-2013

Now that I think about it, kman may have a point