Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Religion
BAndrew Offline

Threads: 23
RE: Religion

(11-02-2013, 01:14 PM)TheWalshinator Wrote: Then what are you saying man? How can you explain man in the Universe?

That the Universe could be eternal and therefore God isn't necessary.

I can't explain it completely. Big Bang is the best theory we have, but it's not complete.

I read the edit.

•I have found the answer to the universe and everything, but this sign is too small to contain it.

[Image: k2g44ae]

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2013, 01:20 PM by BAndrew.)
11-02-2013, 01:17 PM
Find
TheWalshinator Offline

Threads: 3

Read the edit

You will see me, and weep in cold fear...
11-02-2013, 01:18 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

What if God existed but he is a temporal spectator? What I mean is that He creates everything, but just sits at the background, spectating the Universe in time.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
11-02-2013, 01:23 PM
Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74

(11-02-2013, 01:07 PM)BAndrew Wrote: I find this post highly ironic. You are suggesting that:

Quote: science is essentially pointless. | science has no impact on everyday life. |

while at the same time you are using the INTERNET.

Science as a means for explanation.

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
11-02-2013, 01:23 PM
Find
BAndrew Offline

(11-02-2013, 01:23 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: What if God existed but he is a temporal spectator? What I mean is that He creates everything, but just sits at the background, spectating the Universe in time.

This could be true. But again there is no evidence and no need for it. So we can't conclude anything.

(11-02-2013, 01:23 PM)i3670 Wrote: Science as a means for explanation.

Science uses logic as a means for explanation. So are you suggesting that logic is pointless?

•I have found the answer to the universe and everything, but this sign is too small to contain it.

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2013, 01:26 PM by BAndrew.)
11-02-2013, 01:24 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

@TheWalshinator: Just because "your" explanation gives more answers doesn't mean it should be believed because those answers have imaginary sources.
11-02-2013, 01:27 PM
Find
TheWalshinator Offline

And who is to say that science is any more?
Who is to say that demons aren't real?
Who is to say that God isn't real?
The enemy is cunning in the way he works. He has succeeded for most of his part.
But he will not see me surrender. I will deny him that pleasure. God's strength has gotten me this far, it will not fail me. I will see the thread through. If it is locked, I will be able to smile and say that I fought to the end.

11-02-2013, 01:35 PM
Find
BAndrew Offline

(11-02-2013, 01:35 PM)TheWalshinator Wrote: And who is to say that science is any more?
The enemy is cunning in the way he works. He has succeeded for most of his part.
But he will not see me surrender. I will deny him that pleasure. God's strength has gotten me this far, it will not fail me. I will see the thread through. If it is locked, I will be able to smile and say that I fought to the end.
I am not suggesting demons do not exist.
I am not suggesting God doesn't exist.
However I suggest that:
  • Logic is the best tool we have to understand the world. It is the only way we can arrive to the "truth".
  • There is no need for God and demons.

+ Read the next post

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2013, 01:40 PM by BAndrew.)
11-02-2013, 01:39 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Science is methodical. It takes baby steps and doesn't claim something as fact until it is proven within a reasonable margin of error. Religion has claimed to know everything from day one. Do you perceive the difference?
11-02-2013, 01:40 PM
Find
TheWalshinator Offline

(11-02-2013, 01:39 PM)BAndrew Wrote:
(11-02-2013, 01:35 PM)TheWalshinator Wrote: And who is to say that science is any more?
I am not suggesting demons do not exist.
I am not suggesting God doesn't exist.
However I suggest that:
  • Logic is the best tool we have to understand the world. It is the only way we can arrive to the "truth".
  • There is no need for God and demons.

+ Read the next post
So do you say that they do exist or that they don't exist?
You have no need for them, what is that supposed to mean exactly? Do you mean that they do exist and that we don't need them, or that they don't exist and we don't need them?
You say yourself that the Universe is eternal, and that man isn't eternal. Then what is the point of having an eternal Universe with no life?
You don't think that Christianity took baby steps too? Where did it start? When Jesus started preaching. Although I probably couldn't name the history books now I tried, but there are quite a few of them that will agree that there was a Jesus.
The Bible is based on documents that were written around the time of the events that took place, which adds more credibility to them.

11-02-2013, 01:55 PM
Find