Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
felixmole Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

If they plan to release AMFP in longer, I hope they enable us to opt in email notifications about when the pre-orders are open. People won't be hanging in here forever but might still want to know about it :S
12-12-2012, 07:46 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

Is it a new interview (artwork of a pig included)?
http://gamestar.ru/english/amnesia_a_mac...w_eng.html
12-12-2012, 09:19 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Yes, if it's legit. Google Translate tells me that Ноября is Russian for "November", meaning it's only about two weeks old.
12-12-2012, 09:33 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(12-12-2012, 09:19 PM)Googolplex Wrote: Is it a new interview (artwork of a pig included)?
http://gamestar.ru/english/amnesia_a_mac...w_eng.html
hey, it's Dclayne's art! cool stuff

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
12-12-2012, 09:33 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Oh my... for a moment there, I misread "where are the guns" as "why are there guns" and got scared as hell Big Grin
Reading through it, it seems almost a bit like they accidentally grabbed the wrong guy to interview - like they didn't know before that Frictional weren't actually developing the game.... weird.
12-12-2012, 11:10 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(12-12-2012, 11:10 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: Oh my... for a moment there, I misread "where are the guns" as "why are there guns" and got scared as hell Big Grin
Reading through it, it seems almost a bit like they accidentally grabbed the wrong guy to interview - like they didn't know before that Frictional weren't actually developing the game.... weird.
Yeah, that interviewer seemed pretty dumb, still got some good info out of that though

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
12-13-2012, 03:31 AM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

Quote:

You often say that A Machine for Pigs is thechineseroom take on the world of Amnesia. What are the most significant differences in gameplay mechanics between the two games?

I'd say it is a bit more streamlined. There will be no inventory for instance, which makes the puzzles handled a bit differently.

That's cool.
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2012, 08:51 AM by Deep One.)
12-13-2012, 08:50 AM
Find
MyRedNeptune Offline

Threads: 3

(12-13-2012, 08:50 AM)Deep One Wrote:
Quote:

You often say that A Machine for Pigs is thechineseroom take on the world of Amnesia. What are the most significant differences in gameplay mechanics between the two games?

I'd say it is a bit more streamlined. There will be no inventory for instance, which makes the puzzles handled a bit differently.

That's cool.
That's terrifying, actually. Confused

They're taking away our safe zones! Everyone, panic!

^(;,;)^
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2012, 09:35 AM by MyRedNeptune.)
12-13-2012, 09:33 AM
Find
peckinpah1976 Offline

Threads: 2

(12-12-2012, 07:41 PM)Danny Boy Wrote:
(12-12-2012, 04:25 PM)peckinpah1976 Wrote: I'm starting to worry that I may not live to play this...
Why cuss yu moms so big she'll implode and go supernova?

b**ch plz.

Sorry, I forgot that this forum was populated by irony-deficient twelve year-olds...
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2012, 11:24 AM by peckinpah1976.)
12-13-2012, 11:23 AM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(12-13-2012, 09:33 AM)MyRedNeptune Wrote:
Quote:

That's cool.

It's got nothing to do with safety, in fact making the inventories realtime would be far scarier than removing them. I find it terrifying for another reason altogether: I don't like all this extreme simplification. I thought Penumbra's interface was perfect apart from the collectibles which I don't care for. The emphasis should of course always be on story, but we are playing a game here, and I want to at least be able to do what I feel my character should do.

If you ask me, Frictional should rethink their priorities. I've got nothing against removing superfluous and unnecessary elements (there are many examples of good games with simple game mechanics) but I think removing the inventory system from an adventure game is a bit like removing the guns from an FPS. I find this evolution to be worrying to be honest, compounded by the fact that I remember Thomas saying he wanted to remove puzzles altogether.

There is a very fine line between simplicity and insipidity and I think they are crossing it.

(12-13-2012, 09:33 AM)MyRedNeptune Wrote:
Quote:

That's cool.

It's got nothing to do with safety, in fact making the inventories realtime would be far scarier than removing them. I find it terrifying for another reason altogether: I don't like all this extreme simplification. I thought Penumbra's interface was perfect apart from the collectibles which I don't care for. The emphasis should of course always be on story, but we are playing a game here, and I want to at least be able to do what I feel my character should do.

If you ask me, Frictional should rethink their priorities. I've got nothing against removing superfluous and unnecessary elements (there are many examples of good games with simple game mechanics) but I think removing the inventory system from an adventure game is a bit like removing the guns from an FPS. I find this evolution to be worrying to be honest, compounded by the fact that I remember Thomas saying he wanted to remove puzzles altogether.

There is a very fine line between simplicity and insipidity and I think they are crossing it.

(12-13-2012, 09:33 AM)MyRedNeptune Wrote: That's terrifying, actually. Confused

It's got nothing to do with safety, in fact making the inventories realtime would be far scarier than removing them. I find it terrifying
for another reason altogether: I don't like all this extreme
simplification. I thought Penumbra's interface was perfect apart from
the collectibles which I don't care for. The emphasis should of course
always be on story, but we are playing a game here, and I want to at least be able to do what I feel my character should do.

If
you ask me, Frictional should rethink their priorities. I've got
nothing against removing superfluous and unnecessary elements (there are
many examples of good games with simple game mechanics) but I think
removing the inventory system from an adventure game is a bit like
removing the guns from an FPS. I find this evolution to be worrying to
be honest, compounded by the fact that I remember Thomas saying he
wanted to remove puzzles altogether.

testing
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2012, 01:34 PM by Bridge.)
12-13-2012, 01:31 PM
Find