Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Fandom Gruff ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ) UNFLIPPED THREAD
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9
RE: Blandom Snuff

i demand a rap battle
07-19-2014, 09:03 PM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

(07-19-2014, 08:44 PM)Robosprog Wrote: Generally self important...

Oh the irony.

Tesbull is right, this has moved into bullying territory. None of you is so quick to lecture more senior members of the forum on how they should or shouldn't conduct themselves, but Tesbull is a soft target so everyone dogpiles him. If you think savaging a 14-year-old is a good use of your time you need to grow the fuck up yourselves. I can assure you that publishing his PMs on the forum and then taking turns humiliating him about it doesn't make him look like an immature cunt.

If he's so annoying you can add him to your Ignore list. God forbid you do the "mature" thing and just take his posts with a pinch of salt and move on.

And for the record, every one of you has swore repeatedly on this forum, so you can all climb down off your high horse about that shit, too.

Have some friggin' empathy.

07-19-2014, 10:13 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

(07-19-2014, 10:13 PM)Paddy™ Wrote: climb down off your high horse about that shit, too.

i have a horse phobia though

this is my ride yo

[Image: Mountain_Goat_USFWS.jpg]

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
07-19-2014, 10:28 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

Well I don't honestly what you both are carrying out with (too lazy to read everything), but I'll just show this:

https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/an...ent-2.html

'nuff said. Now, if you don't mind, let's please stop all of this and be kind with each other, ok?

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
07-19-2014, 11:10 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

(07-19-2014, 11:03 PM)Robosprog Wrote:
(07-19-2014, 10:13 PM)Paddy™ Wrote:
(07-19-2014, 08:44 PM)Robosprog Wrote: Generally self important...

Oh the irony.

Tesbull is right, this has moved into bullying territory. None of you is so quick to lecture more senior members of the forum on how they should or shouldn't conduct themselves, but Tesbull is a soft target so everyone dogpiles him. If you think savaging a 14-year-old is a good use of your time you need to grow the fuck up yourselves. I can assure you that publishing his PMs on the forum and then taking turns humiliating him about it doesn't make him look like an immature cunt.

If he's so annoying you can add him to your Ignore list. God forbid you do the "mature" thing and just take his posts with a pinch of salt and move on.

And for the record, every one of you has swore repeatedly on this forum, so you can all climb down off your high horse about that shit, too.

Have some friggin' empathy.

One, pet hate, that isn't irony, that's hypocrisy in what I'd assume to be the context.

And I've never even cared about Tesbull before now, so saying "Oh you're just choosing him because he's a soft target" is bullshit. If you were even half knowledgeable about me or these forums, you know I have argued with tons of people, without giving a shit whether they're a soft or hard target. And if it's bullying by posting PMs that were sent to -me-, and not to try and end a confrontation but to just vent at me, then your idea of bullying is fucked up and naive. I've recieved PM's by people who were trying to rectify the situation, I never would publish those, because those are in hope of ending a conflict. I've been PMed hate, I don't publish that because all that says is that the person hating me can't find fault with my arguments and instead turns to my person. If posting PM's (And remember, private messages are private only so far as both want to keep it private.) of someone venting at me through an alternate channel because it didn't put them in a good light before is classed as bullying, then fuck me, most of the world is bullies. And as much of a cynic as I am, I don't find that remotely possible, other than the fact some people are just too sensitive.

It was one day of arguing anyway, hardly me picking on him whilst bullying is defined as to use superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force them to do something.
I have made no attempts to intimidate him, or to force him to do anything other than hope that he realizes, and he seems to have, that acting pompous, and generally childish, isn't going to help his claims of being mature. Taking turns humiliating him?
It's hardly fucking humiliating him. If you think that his posts are that bad that it's humiliating him, then you're basically agreeing with me and saying that there's a problem with the way he approaches things, that I imagine you would want to fix.

And hell, I'd have liked to have done it quietly, but as you can see FROM that picture, he dismissed everything I said.
Yet you have the gall to try and dress yourself up as the white knight of this situation. You make out that Tesbull has done now wrong, and that every solution in life is to just ignore someone and move on because that will fix everything, right?
If you honestly think that, you're an idiot.
You don't just naturally become mature, you don't just change your personality as you grow for no reason.
Your personality changes because of your interactions with others, your life experiences. Why do you think the rich kids are always stuck up, entitled brats? Because nobody said to them otherwise. You might be content with that but I'm not.

In reality, you're just being a white knight, Paddy, attempting to get an applause by standing up for the innocent child. That's being more of an immature cunt, as you called it, than me confronting someone about their bullshit.
Stop trying to fucking be a hero, sit down, and resume whatever it was you were doing before. You're no fucking good as a hero because heroes should only help those in need, the innocent.
Nobody is innocent in this situation, so take off the bloody cape.

Or.. You could just have realized that you were sort of a cunt for no particular reason other than getting slightly annoyed at Tesbull. Then smudging it in his face, despite him explicitly saying that he doesn't want to fight anymore. You were the one pushing an agenda here, you were the one starting a fight, not Tesbull, he shared a bit of personal insight and you picked up on it and got offensive.

Also, cut the white knight crap.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
07-19-2014, 11:20 PM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

(07-19-2014, 11:03 PM)Robosprog Wrote: Stuff.

I think I can summarise your post for those who don't feel like reading it:

"I'm not bullying him, I'm actually on a righteous crusade to set him straight and possibly even improve his character by insulting, humiliating and patronising him, with the help of other, equally righteous members of the forum, and for you to say that this is wrong just makes you a white knight."

Your definition of bullying conveniently absolves you of any responsibility in this case, but if you were in Tesbull's shoes right now you might feel differently. But of course you'd never be in his shoes, because you're beyond reproach and would never incur the wrath of a clique of bilious in-kids on a forum. And if you did you'd surely dismiss any moral support from an uninvolved third-party as "white knighting".

Publishing the PMs, and everything that preceded and followed it, has been designed to denigrate a 14-year-old kid who has literally begged you to stop. He apologised to you and that apology simply became fodder for further humiliation. That you're defending all of this (and my post wasn't just directed at you, by the way) is pretty disturbing.

07-19-2014, 11:28 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

I still don't understand how Tesbull was wrong though. Could you please explain that to me?

07-19-2014, 11:42 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

(07-19-2014, 11:20 PM)eliasfrost Wrote: Or.. You could just have realized that you were sort of a cunt for no particular reason other than getting slightly annoyed at Tesbull. Then smudging it in his face, despite him explicitly saying that he doesn't want to fight anymore. You were the one pushing an agenda here, you were the one starting a fight, not Tesbull, he shared a bit of personal insight and you picked up on it and got offensive.

Also, cut the white knight crap.

If you're talking about the PM convo, tesbull never concluded anything. He kept digging and asking why he is being accused of what robo accused him. Robo replied to him with the answer every single time but it still didnt work apparently.

He's not being a cunt towards him, he's just speaking out his honest opinion and lets be honest here, we all agree with him except he's the only one that doesnt care about sugar coating, nor about how "friendly" he sounds. It's called being assertive and I think its something people around here should have more. He's one of the few if not the only member in here that instead of complaining on steam or skype about how bad a forum member or a post is, he just says it straight to someone.

He's right about the being a white knight thing, we could all stand up and protect the oversensitive poor soul and throw flowers at him OR we can actually tell him to deal with his problems and not deny them.

@Elias

Tesbull literally said "I am 14 thefore i am mature"

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2014, 11:46 PM by Nice.)
07-19-2014, 11:45 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Being honest is not a reason to be possibly offensive to someone, it doesn't take away the fact that you are in fact being rude to someone. You can be honest all you want, but I'm going to call out on you when you're being offensive. Some people on these boards have called out on me when I cross the line and I take a step back and rethink my priorities, I don't however shift the blame and defend myself by saying "I'm just being honest, deal with it" because that is a explicit display of lack of empathy, and that is frankly, extremely disturbing and I consider that a big red flag, and one of the reasons I seldomly reply to Rob (this time being an exception) when he acts this way, which is all the time.

Quote:He's right about the being a white knight thing, we could all stand up and protect the oversensitive poor soul and throw flowers at him OR we can actually tell him to deal with his problems and not deny them.

You can support someone and show them new perspectives without deminishing their current point of view. This here was a very cruel display and to not call out on it would've been wrong. I show my support by showing empathy and compassion, not through shaming, humiliation and cruelty.

Quote:@Elias

Tesbull literally said "I am 14 thefore i am mature"

Is that a reason to publicly humiliate him though?

(This post was last modified: 07-19-2014, 11:59 PM by eliasfrost.)
07-19-2014, 11:58 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Quote:You know, it's just as humiliating to him saying "he's humiliated him by showing that pic" as you're saying what he said was fucking stupid.

No it's not, what was said is that showing that picture of a private conversation (he started it through PM so it's obvious that he wants it to remain private), you broke his trust by publicly showing the conversation with a condescending tag to it. We call out on your action, not on the picture itself.

Quote:And holy shit, didn't you read what Dogfood said? Every time I tried that, I was dismissed. You seem to think Blackknight is completely innocent here, that's naive. I've never said I'm not completely out of blame, but that we're both at fault.

I don't understand how it's Tesbull's fault though, he explicitly said that he don't want to start a fight but you continued, and when he told you (privately) that what you said hurt him, you said that you literally don't give a shit about his feelings, so yeah. There's that. Not only that, you publicly humiliated him by using that exact conversation (that he wanted to be private) as fodder.

There's no way you can defend that, you can disagree with what we say but I will continue to call you out when you're acting like an unempathetic dick, even more so when you try to defend it.

(This post was last modified: 07-20-2014, 12:25 AM by eliasfrost.)
07-20-2014, 12:25 AM
Find