The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game refuses to start, specs and drivers all up to standard
shanyi Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 4 Months ago Game refuses to start, specs and drivers all up to standard

Hi,

I recently attempted to play Amnesia on my Acer Aspire 5739G laptop (NVIDIA graphics). It worked fine the first time, loading slowly but with no performance issues in-game. I played for roughly an hour. Unfortunately, every subsequent attempt to load the game has resulted in it quitting before so much as booting up. My laptop specs are easily up to the minimum requirements (the game did run once, after all) and my drivers are fully functional. None of the fixes in the troubleshooting section have worked. Here is the exact sequence of events when I now try to start the game:

1 - Launcher appears. If I leave do not attempt to launch the game, the launcher quits by itself within eleven seconds. (Timed)

2 - If I select Launch/Justine/Remember, the game appears to attempt to start, with the screen turning black, but quits within a few seconds. There are no error messages or reports.

I have verified the cache's integrity on Steam and attempted a variety of fixes, from here and a number of other sites, including deleting my save files, creating a new folder for the game in my Docs, etc. None have worked, or changed the nature of the problem in any way. I have not attempted to reinstall the game from Steam because 1) my home internet has a tight download limit and 2) most of the times this has been suggested for other problems, the issue has apparently not resolved itself. Since nothing about my laptop has changed between the first time I loaded the game and its subsequent failures, reinstalling would surely only lead to the problem repeating.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

EDIT: I have also tried loading the game via the .exe, but nothing happens at all.
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2012, 11:40 AM by shanyi.)
03-07-2012, 11:39 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Game refuses to start, specs and drivers all up to standard - by shanyi - 03-07-2012, 11:39 AM