Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
I NEED A TEAM TO CREATE MASTERPIECE ;D
Theforgot3n1 Offline

Threads: 20
RE: I NEED A TEAM TO CREATE MASTERPIECE ;D

(09-04-2012, 01:36 AM)lilith Wrote: Hello everybody.; )

Im gonna make the best custom story ever.
Im scripting and making the levels. I have a lot of experience with that editor and i think that i can do nearly everything. I can also make the music if needed and record some voices.

What Can I show You now?
Short Story with one map.
You can download it from here
http://www.sendspace.com/file/5jn71p

Screens

[Image: 44933044.png]

[Image: 70133083.png]

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/7778/12129126.png

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/8637/22153526.png

Plot of the story:
So, one day there were four friends. This was your birthday party. You were going crazy, drinking a lot of beer. Maybe too much..

That custom story is named "Bad Friends" -link to thread about that custom story - http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-18179.html
You can play that short [about 30 min game] custom story to see what I can and decide to join in.

What am I looking for?
What i mostly need are betatesters - People who will tell me which moments are boring, what I should add and so on.
Next part of people - actors - all you have to do is record some speaches
Also it would be great if the willing people helped me with the story and finding out new unique ideas.

How can I help?
You can give us some advices, make the level, record something... Any help is useful Wink
You are all welcome Big Grin

GUYS, LETS MAKE THE BEST CUSTOM STORY! WE JUST NEED TO WORK TOGETHER ;]

What exactly are We going to do?
My dream is to make the great custom story - fulfilled with jumpscares, funny moments unforgettable atmosphere and so on.
It should be consisted of many levels.
I'd like to add there many new entities [including monsters], sounds..

I think that's enough informations. ; ) If you got questions please write there or on PM.

Please All interested people to answer here ; )
Thanks.

PS. I'm still looking for the people. If I won't need them I'll edit that first post.
To help bring this thread into order, I will, based on the pictures, just hand some tips/opinions on map making for you. So let's begin!

1: First and foremost is one big improvement to your primitives. A huge amount of custom stories either forget or are unfortunately unaware of how important it is to change Tile Amount in the Plane tab. A value approximating around 0.4 on X and Z, is super simple, yet so helpful (just take a glance at the original for help on values). I mean, in such old buildings, would the wooden planks and stone floors be that small? Even a popular custom story like Abduction didn't utilize this, so do it!

2: This is more of an opinion, what looks good/makes sense to me. I dislike long corridors (the first picture). They make no sense: who would create that small corridors with that many torches? Even if the one responsible for the place would issue such an order, the way you've made yours, it still looks awfully bland. Nothing is standing out, as holes or different sort of walls. The place is in need of randomness!

3: Regarding the second picture, I have some stuff to say as well.
For some reason, I tend to find many mappers design their rooms to have these huge, perfectly squared with low ceiling, spaces, that sometimes even are half-empty. My description kind of speaks the issue for itself. You have to make more compelling, unpredictable and interesting rooms.
Use your imagination: welders protruding from the floor, Walls emerging from the sides, creating almost two rooms instead, hopefully including, the seldom used wooden thresholds and very horror-inducing stairs (separating two sections/rooms without the door), decals that nuance the rooms, etc! These rooms should by default also be filled with things, because, who makes scary, nasty rooms just for decorating?

4: The last picture that is viewed as a link is what you should be going for. It is not too huge and has things. On the other hand, you don't really post an overview of the room, so I could be announcing it a good example prematurely. I have the feeling that prison door you're peeking from might feel out of order, or?
Anyway. The only problem with that room, one I forgot to mention in my suggestion actually, is the lack of a window. I don't know the history of that room at all, so I guess it could be far underground, but windows in castle-bedrooms feels highly necessary and would lighten it up to be more atmospheric. Windows in the other pictures I've written about would be great for them as well; especially when you have such a huge template for dungeon-based maps!

Alright, since I'm a busy/lazy man, I can't play the map. Assuming the other generic stuff, for example, voice actors, custom sounds, grammar, etc, is in order. I think I'll just post this and wish you good luck. :-)

Confusion: a Custom Story - Ch1 for play!
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-15477.html
About 50% built.
Delayed for now though!
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2012, 07:39 PM by Theforgot3n1.)
09-07-2012, 07:37 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: I NEED A TEAM TO CREATE MASTERPIECE ;D - by Theforgot3n1 - 09-07-2012, 07:37 PM