Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: What do you think of interstellar marines after reading this?and did you pledge for the kickstarter?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Looks cool but I wont pledge
40.00%
4 40.00%
Awesome, pledged Big Grin
10.00%
1 10.00%
Still a bit skeptical, but RM was great
0%
0 0%
Skeptical, and the article did not change anything
30.00%
3 30.00%
Meh did not even read it (at) all.
20.00%
2 20.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Interstellar marines, kickstarter and a running man
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0
RE: Interstellar marines, kickstarter and a running man

Quote: also with all respect for you guys and your work you can't really compare the ambition of Interstellar Marines with the one of the first Penumbra, first they are totally different genre of games, second the work to goes in to make a tactical FPS just like ZPS is trying to make is much more complex, for example the number of characters they need to make and animate, the number of enemies they need to make and give believable AI and number of guns they need to model and make custumizable, etc, ect, ZPS is trying to make a AAA looking game with a indie budget and team so they do need a little more money to do that then you guys did for Penumbra.
And that is exactly the reason why I think that this project does NOT deserve the faith of the backers. Not only are they aiming way too high and the risk that it will fail is astronomical, the lack of ability (or willingness!) to scale it down to something more reasonable also shows a lack of professionalism and experience in my opinion.

If a small company like Frictional has a really cool and unique idea and needs 50.000 to make a short but sweet game that proves the basic concept will work in a more ambitious project, too, hey, more power to them!
But a company that says, "yea we need over half a million bucks to get this huuuge thing started, but trust us, once its finished its going to be AWESOME" ?
Sorry, but I have trouble putting my faith in that. It reminds me of those overambitious student projects that inevitably come crashing down to reality at some point. True professionalism, in my opinion, means being able to boil a bunch of crazy ideas down to the juicy core of what's really new and exiting about them, not merely blowing insane amounts of money into a project to make it "AAA".
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2012, 07:07 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
11-13-2012, 07:05 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interstellar marines, kickstarter and a running man - by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 11-13-2012, 07:05 PM